RX75 2 Black Wire's not connected

CaptHwdy

Threads
My Son was given a JD RX75 and we tried to start it and there is 2 Black wire not connected. One on the Starter Solenoid under where the wire to the starter is connected. the other is coming from under the seat from the relay. can anyone tell me were those to connect to?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
If the solenoid is mounted to the frame it should be wired like this, 2 big cables 2 small.
20210606-124212.jpg

CaptHwdy

Threads
If the solenoid is mounted to the frame it should be wired like this, 2 big cables 2 small.
20210606-124212.jpg
were does that black 90 degree wire on the bottom go to that's one of the wire's not connected to anything?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
right where it's hooked at on mine, most likely. if it's got a remote mounted solenoid like this one.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
does the other end go to ground on the frame or engine?
on mine the black one goes from the small lower post on the solenoid, and into the wire loom, so from there it looks to go to the keyswitch... however there is also what looks to be a 4 pin relay under the left panel as well, that it *might* go to as well.
1623117232503.png

Attachments

• 1623116867508.png
    1623116867508.png
    476.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

CaptHwdy

Threads
on mine the black one goes from the small lower post on the solenoid, and into the wire loom, so from there it looks to go to the keyswitch... however there is also what looks to be a 4 pin relay under the left panel as well, that it *might* go to as well.
View attachment 56901
hmm i don't know then the other end on mine has a eyelet on it. i have this diagram and couldn't figure it out. i'll post a pic tomorrow maybe that will help

CaptHwdy

Threads
ok here is a pic the black wire on the left goes on the terminal under the starter wire on the solenoid the right one goes under the seat were the battery is and connects to the relay and key switch. i'm not sure were they bolt on to the engine solenoid battery or what

Attachments

• IMG_20210608_121422 (2).jpg
    IMG_20210608_121422 (2).jpg
    406.8 KB · Views: 11

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I've looked mine all over and there are no wires like that....
I hate to assume with electronics, but what i would do, is check for voltage on those wires with a meter ,, with the key in the ON and Start position. if they never have any voltage, i think they would be ground wires. of course if the 1 on the left goes to the right (starter side) side of the solenoid, it would only get power during cranking.
what i would do in this situation is get the model and serial number off the back of the mower (on a sticker, if it's still there) and see if you can get a hold of John Deere.

CaptHwdy

Threads
I've looked mine all over and there are no wires like that....
I hate to assume with electronics, but what i would do, is check for voltage on those wires with a meter ,, with the key in the ON and Start position. if they never have any voltage, i think they would be ground wires. of course if the 1 on the left goes to the right (starter side) side of the solenoid, it would only get power during cranking.
what i would do in this situation is get the model and serial number off the back of the mower (on a sticker, if it's still there) and see if you can get a hold of John Deere.
i took both black wires and hooked then to the engine then i touch the neg to the battery and the engine started to turn over scared the crap out of me. I don't think that's suppose to do that

Last edited: