riding mower suddenly died. interlock switch?

Cusser

Threads
to use the mutlimeter, do you hook the red wire to the wire you want to test and the black wire to mower's frame or something?

Yes. If you do the other way, the reading will be in "negative volts" if you have voltage there, but it won't hurt anything. Read the instruction manual or look online, pretty much all operate the same.

mymowerisbroke

Forum Newbie
Threads
I hooked the multi meter to the wire that goes to the carb bowl, it lite up when i turn on the key so i guess its getting power all the way to the carb. Can i assume now that something inside the carb/engine is preventing fuel from getting to piston?

Run down so far, changed spark plug, checked fuel for water and flow up to carb, it gets spark on plug, engine turns but won't start, gets power up to carb, checked oil level and air filter. what else?

Cusser

Threads
I hooked the multi meter to the wire that goes to the carb bowl, it lite up when i turn on the key so i guess its getting power all the way to the carb. Can i assume now that something inside the carb/engine is preventing fuel from getting to piston?

And does that carburetor solenoid click/operate when it gets that positive voltage?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
That could be it. Now from your other post i gather you used a test light?

mymowerisbroke

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm not sure what a test light is, i just used a multimeter and stuck the red prong into the wire socket and the black on the frame,, turned the key and saw that the meter numbers rose rapidly.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I'm not sure what a test light is, i just used a multimeter and stuck the red prong into the wire socket and the black on the frame,, turned the key and saw that the meter numbers rose rapidly.
what did the numbers go to? should be around 12 volts or 12.5 volts