RER been mowing w/ rear flat tire for last 8 years

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
ten " or smaller think I'll buy the wheel and tire which reminds me one of my front is kojected wierd how one is kojected other still has thread (remember I purchased at e-auction so I have no history of my snapper).
confused why you would add a tube to a tubeless tire exspecialy w/ low PSI? Thanks

when I beat the boat trailers tires on w/ a deadblow hammer I used big tin snipes to cut the bead and remove old tire.plus I don't have a vice.
I friend told me never invest in a new vice only concider a made 1930 model all others fail.is this true or false?
Common to replace small tyres with solid or semi solid ones because they are a PIA to remove the covers & fix a tube .

The Brain

Threads
I'll have to check into the solid tires thanks for tip

I removed rear wheel the wheel & tire seamed extremely heavey for a little tire about 35LBs it didn't feel like it was full of fuild or anything inside tire really weird seams like it should weight less than 10LBs for both.

The Brain

Threads
I found out why the tire was so heavy inside tire was another tire inside that was filled w/ a solid gell.

man said it was a run flat type tire. what the heck is going on here. dam I could've continued to use this tire dam.

the guy beat on the rim dinged it up I asked if he could beat it back still not a nice rim, he also grinded on the inside must have been the steel rust.

so I'll be on the lookout for a used wheel tire. I mean I got a cheapa$$ ebay $20 tire w/ about 1/10th the tread dam again.
man said $15 to mount tire this after I told him I need valve stem OK, that tire beat the hell outtof the little guy it actuelly took 2 little guys (won't mention there country of origin because I don't know).

additionally #1 guy held tire #2 guy had big can of I think compressed air #2 sparyed the tire expanded onto rim during the process #1 got sprayed blew his shirt open.
I think thats why he jacked me another $5. dam again. I probably could've got a better used for $10. and I wouldn't even have to expose myself to other ppl.

so now I have a 40LB tire on left and a 5LB on the right yet to install and try out will report back on that.
tire is inflated to 14LBs that's what was printed on the tire.unbelieveable or is this common in larger tires.
I write this so next poor slob will know about the tire inside the tire dam.

Attachments

• tire inside tire then gel.jpg
    tire inside tire then gel.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 4

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
All the guys at tire shop HATE those tire slimes and the like. Nothing but a mess for them changing the tires out. Some even rust the rim like you found. I take all mine to the tire shop and either tube or replace the tire proper. Solid tires might not have the traction you need.

slomo

The Brain

Threads
  • / RER been mowing w/ rear flat tire for last 8 years
so the slime is in fact run flat?
I was actuelly thinking of solids on the front that bert mentioned however I'll most likely find a parts mower for the fronts wheel & tire.
I get my vessels fabbing aluminum at the scrape yard, there's usally always a mower there.

how much better will she take off & ride w/ new tire. I've yet to try her out w/ new tire.

I was browseing lawn equipment I saw a very nice rer 30" high vac w/ bagger sys. for $325.120 miles from me, that had apparently been used a little then stored. I wish I saw this prior to engine swap.
what exactly is differnt on the high vacs compared to regular, I do observe anit scalp wheels on the deck.thanks