Replacement hydraulic oil Exmark Pioneer Suggestions

Lawn Addict
Threads
Every mower manufacturer has different recommendations. It’s best to refer to Hydro-Gear or Parker for their recommendations.
My Scag Tech suggest doing the Hydro service @ 50 hours, just to get off to a good start, & That's what I'll be doing on mine.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
My Scag Tech suggest doing the Hydro service @ 50 hours, just to get off to a good start, & That's what I'll be doing on mine.
Gravely recommends 75 hours for the initial change. That’s just what I did. I used the Stens branded filters. They were the cheapest on Amazon. I used Mobil 1 15W50.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
The reservoir was empty and it usually has fluid? Is there a leak somewhere? Is there a indicator line in your reservoir like the Laser has? Im not familiar w the pioneer but 1/2 inch sounds pretty empty to me.
Just because the hydro tank is empty does not mean the hydro itself is low. The tank is just an expansion tank and also gives a place to add fluid. The fluid level in the tank itself is only about 1/2 inch in the tank. Remember oil when it gets hot expands. If it does not have an expansion tank the level in the hydro is about 1 & 1/2 inch from the top to allow for expansion.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes. You can use Super Tech 20W50, if you like..
Fluids
The fluids used in Hydro-Gear products have been carefully selected, and only equivalent, or better products should be substituted.
Typically, an engine oil with a minimum rating of 9.0 cSt (55 SUS) at 230° F (110° C) and an API clas- sification of SL is recommended. A 20W50 engine oil has been selected for use by the factory and is recommended for normal operating procedures.
Bad link to that pdf file.

shoughtonh

Threads
Just because the hydro tank is empty does not mean the hydro itself is low. The tank is just an expansion tank and also gives a place to add fluid. The fluid level in the tank itself is only about 1/2 inch in the tank. Remember oil when it gets hot expands. If it does not have an expansion tank the level in the hydro is about 1 & 1/2 inch from the top to allow for expansion.
The reservoir on my lazer must be bigger. Mine doesnt behave that way, and there is never no fluid in it and the level is much higher than 1/2-1 inch. Does your have a fill up line when cold indicator?

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads

rollingstone

Forum Newbie
Threads
The reservoir was empty and it usually has fluid? Is there a leak somewhere? Is there a indicator line in your reservoir like the Lazer has? Im not familiar w the pioneer but 1/2 inch sounds pretty empty to me.
When I bought it and in the owners manual it shows 1/4" to 1/2" cold level. The manual does not mention measurements but shows a finger so that is my translation to inches. :)

rollingstone

Forum Newbie
Threads
The reservoir on my lazer must be bigger. Mine doesnt behave that way, and there is never no fluid in it and the level is much higher than 1/2-1 inch. Does your have a fill up line when cold indicator?
Yes it has a cold indicator I think but the owners manual shows cold level at one finger full from the bottom

rollingstone

Forum Newbie
Threads
My mower is PNE691GKA52200 sorry should have mentioned. Thanks for the replies to all. This weekend I will hoist it up, put some stands under it and take a closer look. Just don't want to pay for Exmark hydro oil if I need to. Looking for cheaper option. The Exmark dealer said there should always be some fluid in the reservoir.