Replacement Carb

TxTrucker

Forum Newbie
Threads
Good afternoon all. Newbie looking for help. I picked up a Wheel Horse GT2500 with an 11HP B & S engine. 252417-0245-01
I am in need of a replacement carb. Prefer not to go the Amazon cheap route. Can anyone steer me in the right direction?

Thanks for any help.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You have to go after market if it is even available as Briggs has NLA it.

1677022535230.png

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
A real mower repair shop that carries aftermarket parts will sort you out with an aftermarket alternative that will actually work.

TxTrucker

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks everyone for the help. I hit a dead end with Briggs and Stratton as well.
Will check for a mower repair shop in my area.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Well as I have posted many many times, there is nothing magic or super special about any particular carb that makes them unique & unreplaceable
I would be very surprised if the current 11Hp carb would not fit
You may need to bend some new wires to hook the controls up & some brackets to support the air filter but a carb is a carb is a carb is a carb

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Bert this uses the old updraft carburetor.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I appreciate that Star so it will also need a manifold as that carb had the bolts horizontal & the new carbs bolts are sort of vertical
If he has the manifold he can turn it upside down & for a Holly or Webber ( or perhaps a down draft from a Kohler CH twin)
I did a generator a couple of years back & the only carb I could find was from Farmer Tech & was near $ 200 ( aus) by the time it got here so I had to fit a current carb and do some of that anchient art that mechanics used to have called fitting cause he bushfires were coming & the customer needed the generator in case the power failed as his water was pumped by an electric submersible in his dam.
So no not a plug & play but yes can be done if you want to