Remington Rustler RM2560 Pull Cord

smith21687

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi,

I have a Remington Rustler RM2560. The pull cord is extended and will not retract unless done manually. From my understanding, to replace the pull cord/pulley I need to replace the entire housing. I've removed all the Torx screws but the housing will not slide off due to the hex on the shaft. My question is how to remove this shaft.

Appreciate any feedback - thank you.

- Josh

Attachments

• 20191001_161132.jpg
    20191001_161132.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 29

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Look down the end of the shaft.
You will see yet another torx screw poking it tounge out at you yelling Fooled Ya.
If not then the shaft will be threaded on so you will have to use a piston lock to prevent the piston moving while you turn the hex
Usual thing is to stuff plastic rope down the plug hole

primerbulb120

Threads
Hi,

I have a Remington Rustler RM2560. The pull cord is extended and will not retract unless done manually. From my understanding, to replace the pull cord/pulley I need to replace the entire housing. I've removed all the Torx screws but the housing will not slide off due to the hex on the shaft. My question is how to remove this shaft.

Appreciate any feedback - thank you.

- Josh

You have to stop the piston from moving like Bert stated, then put a wrench on the hex portion of the shaft and unscrew it. It is a standard thread, so you'll be turning it counterclockwise to loosen.