Export thread

Red Hawk Generator

R

Rivets

Does anyone know where I can locate a parts breakdown and/or locate parts for a Red Hawk Generator. Model 5ETQF. 1632E1. This is a new brand for me. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Rivets.

R

Rivets

Give it one more try. Any one heard of Red Hawk generators. Looks like it's about five years old?

reynoldston

reynoldston

This is the first time I have ever heard of Red Hawk generators. I tryed to look Red Hawk generators up but couldn't find much other then they seem to be a cheaper generator. What country are they made in. If made in China you might be out of luck finding much on them. I had a Chinese ATV in my shop a few weeks ago and just couldn't find anything on it so I had to make my own throttle parts.

R

Rivets

I did find that they were Chinese made, but with a little searching on Chinese products, I an usually able to find out someone who sells them and get a contact. With the Red Hawk I just keep hitting a brick wall. All I need is a recoil starter or a parts breakdown. Hate to junk it, because when I start it (wrap a rope around an old Briggs starter cup) it runs great.

midnite rider

midnite rider

I did find that they were Chinese made, but with a little searching on Chinese products, I an usually able to find out someone who sells them and get a contact. With the Red Hawk I just keep hitting a brick wall. All I need is a recoil starter or a parts breakdown. Hate to junk it, because when I start it (wrap a rope around an old Briggs starter cup) it runs great.

This place sells and services them according to their web page linked below. hope this helps you.

Emerich Sales and Service Inc. - Charlton
187 Valentine Rd
Charlton / Ballston Lake NY 12019
Phone: 518-399-8574
Fax: 518-384-1363
Email: emerichsales@aol.com

Emerich Sales & Service - Fort Edward
S. Glen Falls / Fort Edward
1369 Route 9 - Exit 17N off I87-S.Glens Falls
Fort Edward NY 12828
Phone: 518-636-5580
Fax: 518-636-5575
Email: Sales@EmerichSales.com

R

Rivets

Thanks, I'll give them a call tomorrow. Will post back with the results.

reynoldston

reynoldston

Thanks, I'll give them a call tomorrow. Will post back with the results.

Hope you the best luck on finding parts. When you are making repairs for a customer how do you charge for spending hours looking for or making parts to fit on a Chinese made machine or equipment. Most shops around here wouldn't work on them.

R

Rivets

Just looked at the website and I'm not to confident. They have a new 2009 unit with no other info. See what the phone call does.

This is what we call a customer builder, so we'll probably loose a little on this one. He's a good repeat customer, so we'll do what we can. If I get lucky and get this unit fixed, we'll get more business down the road. As you know, some times you have to loose a little to make a little. The owner/boss and I have worked together for over 25 years and we have a knack on which loses we pick. We never make a bad choice. If you believe that, I've got some water front property I'm selling real cheap if your interested.

C

chance123

Later today I am meeting with a manufacturer from China. I sell mowers from him under the name of "World Lawn" If anyone knows, I would think he would know. I am meeting with him around 4:00 pm today (California time) I'll post back my findings. Just in case, can you provide any and all numbers? (You know the drill LOL)

reynoldston

reynoldston

Later today I am meeting with a manufacturer from China. I sell mowers from him under the name of "World Lawn" If anyone knows, I would think he would know. I am meeting with him around 4:00 pm today (California time) I'll post back my findings. Just in case, can you provide any and all numbers?

This sound like it will also be good for future references. See if you can get any US contacts or phone numbers ?

M

MowermanFLA

I have heard of them as a buddy of mine has one of their lawn mowers

He gets his parts from Lawnmowerpartsoutlet.com
I know they use to sell the generators as well. Good People

C

chance123

Later today I am meeting with a manufacturer from China. I sell mowers from him under the name of "World Lawn" If anyone knows, I would think he would know. I am meeting with him around 4:00 pm today (California time) I'll post back my findings. Just in case, can you provide any and all numbers? (you know the drill LOL)

My China distributor just called to change our meeting time to tomorrow. I asked him about "Redhawk" and he asked if it was gas or diesel. I guessed and said "gas" He has and will bring a recoil starter with him when he comes. This is for the 3500 w generator only. The 1200 w is no longer made. They sell the Red hawk under a re brand to Harbor freight tools. Perhaps I will take a pic so you can guess if it is the same. Or, you can post a pic and "HE" can tell if it is the same when he comes here

R

Rivets

Sorry just got home from work, long day. Midnite Rider, called your post and they sold that unit and don't deal in parts. It was worth a try, thanks.

Chance, here are the numbers I have 5ETQF. 1632E. 300050034006. Don't know unit size, because he just brought the recoil in. If your contact has a list of servicing dealers and or a website where parts can be looked up and ordered, it would be a great help to all the mechanics on this forum. Thanks for taking the time to look into this.

T

tybilly

a re brand? wouldnt be that predator engine would it? wich looks exactly like the honda,sorry for jumping in,lol

C

chance123

Here's that starter. One pic is with the pawls in and the other the pawls out

Attachments

R

Rivets

That looks like what I need. Any ideas where I can get one and the cost. Thanks for your help. Rivets

C

chance123

I still have it here (working late) but through his bad english, I "think" he said "Yamacoil" If you never heard of that brand (I haven't) I'll call him in the morning and get more info for you

C

chance123

Here's that starter. One pic is with the pawls in and the other the pawls out

I couldn't edit out/remove that one pic that is obviously not a recoil starter

C

chance123

LOL I think he said "Yamakoyo" (google is our friend)
NEW YAMAKOYO Engine and Equipment :: Power You Trust ::

R

Rivets

Thanks, I'll check out Yamakoyo tomorrow. Two 11 hour days make me sleepy.

C

chance123

Kind of pricey $50 to 60.00 makes me want to think it is Japanese vs Chinese. Judging by his looks/appearence/accent, I really can't tell the difference and the face of this starter looks just like a Honda.

R

Rivets

After I looked at the pics you posted and went back and looked at the starter, I think you may be on the right track with Honda. Don't have any Honda in the shop right now to match it against. I've got a buddy at the Honda shop, I'm going to talk to him. I'll let you know what happens.

C

chance123

After I looked at the pics you posted and went back and looked at the starter, I think you may be on the right track with Honda. Don't have any Honda in the shop right now to match it against. I've got a buddy at the Honda shop, I'm going to talk to him. I'll let you know what happens.

I have A B'd it next to a Honda starter and the pawl mechanics are "completely" different from any Honda I have ever seen.

C

chance123

Did you ever get your R/C starter sorted out? My distributor will be picking this one up tomorrow. If there are any measurements I can take, lemme knough

R

Rivets

Sorry, I've not gotten back to you. Been a little busy, even though we don't have snow. Checked with the Honda shop and you are correct, does not match with any of their's. Have had to tell the customer can't help you. I hope this will not be a trend of the future. One good thing can out of it. Customer purchased a new generator, with a Briggs engine and gave us the unit for trying to help him. Put it in the warehouse and will keep my eyes open. Might get lucky down the road. Thanks for your help in trying to solve this one.

C

chance123

Sorry, I've not gotten back to you. Been a little busy, even though we don't have snow. Checked with the Honda shop and you are correct, does not match with any of their's. Have had to tell the customer can't help you. I hope this will not be a trend of the future. One good thing can out of it. Customer purchased a new generator, with a Briggs engine and gave us the unit for trying to help him. Put it in the warehouse and will keep my eyes open. Might get lucky down the road. Thanks for your help in trying to solve this one.

If you want that yamakoyo starter, let me know