Recommendations for a suspension seat for gt235

nodlenor

Threads
I have a GT235 John Deere and a bad back. I would like to put a suspension seat on it in hopes it will help. Does anyone have any recommendations on what brand and where to purchase one?

nodlenor

Threads
No. I’m wanting an air ride seat.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
While the money might be a problem particularly if you back has affected you ability to work, air ride seats are a poor substitute fora mower with actual suspension.
There are some made with proper suspension.
The air ride seats are made for construction equipment like skid steers and are priced accordingly .
A poor mans substitute is a basket ball partially inflated slipped under the seat base .

4getgto

Threads
Two suggestions...

download.jpg

download (1).jpg

The first one is a suspension kit thats goes under your existing seat. About $150. Rises your height about 1 1/2". Unless you fabricate height accordingly.
Second is a full suspension seat. About $325. You'll have to fabricate new mounting to compensate ride height.
I have both and my bad back says either one is worth it..!

BTW.. The second one pictured is mounted on a ZT woods as shown in my avatar at left.

Last edited:

nodlenor

Threads
4getgto, I’ve been looking at the first one and wondered if it would do the job? I might try that one. My yard is so rough it just tears my back up. I need something to soften the ride. Thanks!

4getgto

Threads
4getgto, I’ve been looking at the first one and wondered if it would do the job? I might try that one. My yard is so rough it just tears my back up. I need something to soften the ride. Thanks!
That suspension works great for me.
There's a couple "buts"
There's only 1" of travel which works for me (170#). But I'm thinking for someone 250# or better it may bottom out more. IDK. The spring rate is adjustable though so it may be just fine.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
<deleted>

Last edited by a moderator:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I have wondered that too. As I report the spam without noting it as when the spam gets deleted the reported comment doesn't get deleted.

I do note that this site does have a spamming problem. The forum I manage once had a lot of spam too but as I bar IPs it has got to a fairly rare occurrence. I did get a little agressive at barring IPs and did catch one of the members IP but was corrected s I undid the block IP ban and did an individual IP block.