Re-power Toro Zero Turn

biggertv

Threads
My Cub Cadet RTZ50 had a Blown Kawasaki. Replaced it with a Briggs, Even the Electric Connector Plugged in, Correct Pinouts. You can Probably find a Non-Running Engine that needs a Carb for Cheap. Good Luck!

BadaBing

Forum Newbie
Threads
another option is to contact some mower salvage yards and see if they have one that was put to pasture for a bad transmission or other issues. I've gotten some good things from mower salvage yards. You might be able to get a good running engine for a reasonable price.

they are even on ebay new for $359. 1" X 3-5/32" vertical

Very cool.
Thank you all for your help and information!
I will post my results to this thread.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Very cool.
Thank you all for your help and information!
I will post my results to this thread.
Just a heads up. Going from the Toro/Loncin engine to another brand will not be a plug and play job. You will have to sort the wiring out.

BadaBing

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes, thank you. I'm more of a computer guy, I like plug and play. :)

BadaBing

Forum Newbie
Threads
I need to close the communication loop on my re-power of my Toro Zero Turn Mower. I found a replacement engine from Jack's Small Engines. It was pretty much an exact match with some bumps. Part# 1204324 All of the wiring harnesses fit perfectly.

1) I needed to cannibalize the Oil fill tube from the old engine. This model has a pulse fuel pump and the new engine's oil fill tube did not have a nipple to attach the pulse line. I had never heard of a pulse fuel pump before.
2) The new engine has no threads for the old engine mount bolts. I called a neighbor, and he brought over his tapping tools and we cut threads into the engine block. I should have first checked to see if the old bolts would work, but I didn't and had to un-do all of the connections etc to cut the threads. I could have also used longer bolts and nuts on the other end on some of the holes.
3) I needed to cannibalize the right angle adapter for the oil filter.

All said and done, it was a good learning experience. This was my first time engine swap.

Thank you all for your advice and knowledge sharing.