Export thread

Raven 46-in Hybrid Riding Lawn Mower

Kodie's Lawn Service

Kodie's Lawn Service

Has anyone seen these things are really cool it has a lawn mower a generator and ATV all in one it pretty good looking thing but for 3000$ is it worth it? :thumbsup::anyone:

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

***See more details in this thread: http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/front-porch/13884-check-out.html

I think that if it cuts grass decently then it might be worth the money. I like how it can go almost 20mph in ATV mode.

bwdbrn1

bwdbrn1

Enclosed cab and snow blower attachment would be a decent addition to this thing too.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Enclosed cab and snow blower attachment would be a decent addition to this thing too.

YEAH!! :cool2:

bwdbrn1

bwdbrn1

This fellow took some quick videos of his within the last week.

Jeremy Arant - YouTube

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

This fellow took some quick videos of his within the last week.

Jeremy Arant - YouTube

Seems like he was having some trouble with it!

bwdbrn1

bwdbrn1

Just a bit....

I checked at two of my local Lowes stores yesterday. Neither of them had the Raven sitting out on display, but at the one in Davenport, IA, I found a catalog that showed many of the out door power equipment products they sell, and the Raven was in it. I asked at the customer service desk and they told me that they had gotten two of them in, but they were told not to sell them as there were some issues of some kind that the lady was not completely familiar with, but it had to do with the Raven, or Raven company.

From that guy's videos, I would guess it has something to do with that switch or lever under the seat that he zip tied.

Anybody know for sure? I'm liking the idea of this machine.

metz12

metz12

Just a bit....

I checked at two of my local Lowes stores yesterday. Neither of them had the Raven sitting out on display, but at the one in Davenport, IA, I found a catalog that showed many of the out door power equipment products they sell, and the Raven was in it. I asked at the customer service desk and they told me that they had gotten two of them in, but they were told not to sell them as there were some issues of some kind that the lady was not completely familiar with, but it had to do with the Raven, or Raven company.

From that guy's videos, I would guess it has something to do with that switch or lever under the seat that he zip tied.

I wish a quad company would put out a mower like this, like polaris, kawasaki, yamaha something like that. i would rather buy something like that if it was from a recognizable company you know what i mean? or maybe craftsman(since they make riding mowers and generators) and yamaha should team up and make one! that would be sweet.

bwdbrn1

bwdbrn1

I don't have a problem with Lowes, but I can't say as I noticed any certified mechanics or service area there.

I do know who I'd like to see manufacture something of this sort.

metz12

metz12

I don't have a problem with Lowes, but I can't say as I noticed any certified mechanics or service area there.

I do know who I'd like to see manufacture something of this sort.

who might that be?

bwdbrn1

bwdbrn1

I think any of the companies making ATVs, general purpose engines and outdoor power equipment could produce a really quality example of something like this. Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki come to mind first to me. I'm not that familiar with Polaris equipment, but they could too, I'm sure. There's probably others, but I prefer red.

metz12

metz12

I think any of the companies making ATVs, general purpose engines and outdoor power equipment could produce a really quality example of something like this. Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki come to mind first to me. I'm not that familiar with Polaris equipment, but they could too, I'm sure. There's probably others, but I prefer red.

i was thinking honda since they make all 3 (quads, generators and lawn mowers) but there stuff is really expensive. personally i like yamaha and polaris stuff, and i olso like craftsman so this is why i would think they could team up and make one solid unit.

bwdbrn1

bwdbrn1

It does seem to be the sort of thing Sears would market.

T

Texas Bear

Just a bit....

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the site and was just searching for any information on the new Raven, which I bought a little more than a month ago. The Raven has performed exceptional except for the seat safety switch. The metal on the switch seems to be a tad inferior (soft) as I have to constantly lift the seat and bend the switch up in order for the spring to actuate in order to start the engine. This is the reason Lowe's has issued the temporary "sale stop" on the Raven. I'm trying to decide on whether to return it for a Husqvarna or a Cub Cadet, but it's a tough decision as the Raven has a lot of features that are great. One of my decisions for returning it is because I believe if the Quality Control from Raven let this seat safety switch pass, what else could potentially go wrong in the future! I know they (Raven) had to know about this issue before releasing the product out to the public for sale. It makes me think that if they knew about it, they just wanted to make their money and then deal with the problem later; not a company that I would like to be partners with if I was Lowe's.

metz12

metz12

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the site and was just searching for any information on the new Raven, which I bought a little more than a month ago. The Raven has performed exceptional except for the seat safety switch. The metal on the switch seems to be a tad inferior (soft) as I have to constantly lift the seat and bend the switch up in order for the spring to actuate in order to start the engine. This is the reason Lowe's has issued the temporary "sale stop" on the Raven. I'm trying to decide on whether to return it for a Husqvarna or a Cub Cadet, but it's a tough decision as the Raven has a lot of features that are great. One of my decisions for returning it is because I believe if the Quality Control from Raven let this seat safety switch pass, what else could potentially go wrong in the future! I know they (Raven) had to know about this issue before releasing the product out to the public for sale. It makes me think that if they knew about it, they just wanted to make their money and then deal with the problem later; not a company that I would like to be partners with if I was Lowe's.

welcome to lmf! there is alot of great info on here. but did you watch the videos earlier in this thread? the guy has the same problem and he bypassed the thing with a zip tie. watch all of that guys videos on his channel.

J

jklowe48

The Raven is assembled in Lincolnton, NC.....the parent compay of Denver Global Products(Raven maker) also owns Generac generators. They also make ATVs and motorcylces over seas in Japan I think....Btw I also work at Lowe's in Lincolnton and we sold our 2 in 3 days after they arrive.

T

Texas Bear

welcome to lmf! there is alot of great info on here. but did you watch the videos earlier in this thread? the guy has the same problem and he bypassed the thing with a zip tie. watch all of that guys videos on his channel.

Thank you Metz12. Yes, I reviewed all 8 videos; he seems to have had quite a few problems with the Raven. I stopped by my local Lowe's today and expressed my concerns about the seat safety switch. They informed me that hasn't been the only problem the Raven has been experiencing. One came in because the mower blades started to run all by itself without the PTO being engaged first and another came in for front end problems. I think I have made up my mind on whether to return it or not! :thumbdown:

J

jklowe48

I would guess the Raven is like a fish ski combo boat.....You don't see one at the Bassmasters tourney!

T

Texas Bear

I would guess the Raven is like a fish ski combo boat.....You don't see one at the Bassmasters tourney!

Maybe that's why I bought the Raven; I also own a 21' fish/ski deck boat! :laughing:

J

jklowe48

Maybe that's why I bought the Raven; I also own a 21' fish/ski deck boat! :laughing:
I would love to have a deck boat and fish/ski has been around a long time:smile:....Btw Lowe's will take that mower back, the last thing we want or need is an unhappy shopper!

T

Texas Bear

I would love to have a deck boat and fish/ski has been around a long time:smile:....Btw Lowe's will take that mower back, the last thing we want or need is an unhappy shopper!

I think I'll be bringing it back this week sometime for the 24 HP Husqvarna 48". However, I really wanted the GTH27V48LS, but Lowe's doesn't carry any of the LS models. Can Lowe's order a Husqvarna that's not in the inventory?

Kodie's Lawn Service

Kodie's Lawn Service

I think I'll be bringing it back this week sometime for the 24 HP Husqvarna 48". However, I really wanted the GTH27V48LS, but Lowe's doesn't carry any of the LS models. Can Lowe's order a Husqvarna that's not in the inventory?

You could get your money back and go to a dealer somewhere and order it :thumbsup:

J

jklowe48

Most of the time John Deere and Husqvarna do not let Lowe's order items you can buy at the dealership....:thumbdown:

djdicetn

djdicetn

Most of the time John Deere and Husqvarna do not let Lowe's order items you can buy at the dealership....:thumbdown:

jklow48,
You're spot on about that. I tried to get Lowes to give me a price on ordering me a Husqvarna MZ5225 ZTR(they only stock the RZ series ZTR's) and they couldn't.

T

Texas Bear

Well, I guess I'll have to settle for the YTH24K48 then; or I could just find a Husqvarna dealer in the San Antonio, TX area.:confused2:

txzrider

txzrider

Sorry to hear your experiment has not ended well... I still think this is a promising idea. I have a gas yamaha golfcart we used at my sons haunted house(boy scout fund raiser). One year I forgot to check the battery in advance and it would not start... I stuck my trusty 2kw honda genset on the back and started it running and connected the 12 volt out to the battery... made it super easy to fire up the golf cart and drive it on the trailer... left it running for the trip over to the hh. Maybe I should put a lift kit on the golfcart and hang a mower deck under it??

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Maybe I should put a lift kit on the golfcart and hang a mower deck under it??

You're not the first person to think of this! :wink: egcart
golf cart mower.jpg

demhustler

demhustler

Raven says - to go 17mph transport speed, deck should be removed and gear manually switched from underneath the mower - if it's true, such transport speed pretty much useles...
is there safety switches engaged in regard to speed and ways to bypass it?

2. specs say: 46'' deck, 2x23'' blades. how much blade overlap?

T

Texas Bear

Raven says - to go 17mph transport speed, deck should be removed and gear manually switched from underneath the mower - if it's true, such transport speed pretty much useles...

That's true, but it's very easy to do - lower the deck, remove three cotter pins, disconnect electrical plug from rider, pull out deck, and finally move small transmission arm underneath to ATV mode. This is all done in under a minute or so, the other position for the transmission arm is for the slower mowing speed.

As far as the overlap of the blades; if I recall it was just a tad. However, the mower did a great job; it was just the rest of the machine! :thumbdown:

Although, now that I have the Husqvarna YTH24K48 I'm now a happy man! :thumbsup:

demhustler

demhustler

Originally Posted by demhustler

----------

That's true, but it's very easy to do - lower the deck, remove three cotter pins, disconnect electrical plug from rider, pull out deck, and finally move small transmission arm underneath to ATV mode. This is all done in under a minute or so, the other position for the transmission arm is for the slower mowing speed.

As far as the overlap of the blades; if I recall it was just a tad. However, the mower did a great job; it was just the rest of the machine! :thumbdown:

Although, now that I have the Husqvarna YTH24K48 I'm now a happy man! :thumbsup:

thank you, T.
can transmission arm be switched while deck still on to not bother with taking it on and off?
is there some sort of safety switches, which can be bypassed, or is it hardwired?
------
btw. on raven.mpv. channel, gears. seems no switches... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw1ayi87IB0
raven.mpv.gears.JPG

T

Texas Bear

thank you, T.
can transmission arm be switched while deck still on to not bother with taking it on and off?
is there some sort of safety switches, which can be bypassed, or is it hardwired?
------
btw. on raven.mpv. channel, gears. seems no switches... Changing Gears on the RAVEN MPV - YouTube
View attachment 13319

You can leave the deck on to access the transmission arm, but it's just easier with the deck off. Also, you can leave the trans arm in the mowing position (closest to you), but you won't be able to gain higher speeds. The arm position (away from you) will let you get up to the 17 mph. I'm unaware of any bypass or safety switch, I believe it's internal to the transmission.

demhustler

demhustler

it would seem - just unplugging deck cables and switching gear should be enough
is ravens tranny - real two-speed transmission, or just mechanical mode switch?

wjjones

wjjones

I had never seen one before until now but I remember the older dual fuel John Deere mowers that where gas, and or propane powered.

C

Chosen

I guy I know has a farm services business and does all the mower repair for the local Lowes. He hasn't seen a Raven yet, but thinks it is a good idea to wait a year before buying one. I like the long warranty and extended service plan option. I haven't gotten one yet. I also like the 5 inch clearance since I have a rocky, hilly yard. I also like the ability to easily move a generator around my property! If it put out enough power to also be an adequate emergency gen for my house, it would be perfect, but I need more power than it puts out. Still thinking about it. Intriguing idea.

J

jeffery9076

:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:Don't waste your money on this crap. I have seen enough commercial mowers with problems. Do you want a mower or a atv?????????????. If you treat a commercial mower like a atv you will have problems :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2: If you purchase one you will have a hybrid of trouble :laughing::laughing:

djdicetn

djdicetn

:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:Don't waste your money on this crap. I have seen enough commercial mowers with problems. Do you want a mower or a atv?????????????. If you treat a commercial mower like a atv you will have problems :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2: If you purchase one you will have a hybrid of trouble :laughing::laughing:

jeffery9076,
I may be considered "old fashioned", but I tend to agree with your philosophy. In today's society, everybody wants a product that "does it all". When I went to get a new cell phone, I told them "no camera please"......if I want to use the phone I need a phone, if I want to take a picture I'll buy a camera. They had no "option" for just a phone:0(
If I want a lawn mower, I'll buy a lawn mower...if I want an ATV, I'll buy an ATV...if I want a generator, I'll buy a generator!!!!

J

jeffery9076

djdicetn THANKS FOR THE REPLY////// :mad:I SEE IT BEING A GENERATOR OF PROBLEMS:mad:

R

RickO

I slightly disagree with some of the comments. (No disrespect bros.) I VERY much want this to be viewed as a new market segment for Polaris, Honda and the rest of the ATV makers. I very much DO want a kick-***** 4x4, ATV lawn mower (no generator, put a rear hitch PTO in lace instead.) Think of it. 10K for a rig that will do fields (if there was a PTO,) get you around like an ATV and do some finish cutting as well. In my case, I can do the lawns (finish cut) but for a run around I'd need an ATV (10K) and then a 45K Kabota to work the fields. Lets have the manufacturers stretch a bit and bring a new, quality product to us. Can't hurt. Right?

J

jeffery9076

NO DISRESPECT HERE BUT I HAVE NOT SEEN A VIDEO YET THAT SHOWS A LAWN BEING CUT JUST A FEW PASSES SO DO NOT THINK IT IS A FINISH CUT MOWER. I HAVE BEEN RIDING ATVS AND MOTORCYCLES FOR AWHILE AND THAT THING LOOKS LIKE A CHINESE JUNKER. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY

DO YOU GET WHAT I AM SAYING.

JUST MY 2CENTS

R

RickO

If the last was providing opinion to me then reread my posting. I agree, I don't trust the Raven, it's the concept I like and as a concept some manufacturers may actually get it right. ...or at least that's what I hoping for. There's nothing out there that can perform large cutting duties (10-15 acres or less,) unless you go to a full blown tractor. The BX25 (I think) Kubota would be the next step up from a garden tractor. The BX25 is about 20-25k. If I had a boat load of money then I'd go for a L5240 series but then I'd be tossing 40k. True it would be nice to have but... There should be something in between that meets our cutting needs. This is what I hope for. A rugged, versatile piece of equipment that can tame lawns and pasture for 10 - 15k. If there is a need then there should be a product that meets that need.

TnHusky

TnHusky

If the last was providing opinion to me then reread my posting. I agree, I don't trust the Raven, it's the concept I like and as a concept some manufacturers may actually get it right. ...or at least that's what I hoping for. There's nothing out there that can perform large cutting duties (10-15 acres or less,) unless you go to a full blown tractor. The BX25 (I think) Kubota would be the next step up from a garden tractor. The BX25 is about 20-25k. If I had a boat load of money then I'd go for a L5240 series but then I'd be tossing 40k. True it would be nice to have but... There should be something in between that meets our cutting needs. This is what I hope for. A rugged, versatile piece of equipment that can tame lawns and pasture for 10 - 15k. If there is a need then there should be a product that meets that need.

Rick I hear ya. It would be great if you owned a farm and needed all that the Raven offers but in a reliable source as mentioned (Honda, Polaris, CanAm etc) I looked at the Raven the other day at lowes and asked the guy what brand engine was on it, I quote " It's a no name brand ". That in itself would keep me from buying but as you have stated the concept is great and I think you will see more of these in the future, each one a little better than the last. :thumbsup:

Kodie's Lawn Service

Kodie's Lawn Service

I haven't keep up with this thread as I try to on most but when you mow large things of land you would tipiccally buy a 72 mower along with reels that would mow 12/15 feet and would not cost u 40k :thumbsup:

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

I haven't keep up with this thread as I try to on most but when you mow large things of land you would tipiccally buy a 72 mower along with reels that would mow 12/15 feet and would not cost u 40k :thumbsup:

Yeah that is definitely the cheaper option but even some of the gang reels aren't cheap!! :rolleyes: ProMow SPORT7 Gold Commercial Gang Reel Finish Mower (7 Reels)

Kodie's Lawn Service

Kodie's Lawn Service

Yeah that is definitely the cheaper option but even some of the gang reels aren't cheap!! :rolleyes: ProMow SPORT7 Gold Commercial Gang Reel Finish Mower (7 Reels)

Yea but 2500 is better then 40k:thumbsup:

R

RickO

Last: I have to admit, yes I could buy an 800cc Polaris Sportsman (9k) and a 52 inch Swisher Rough Cut Tow-Behind (2.6k) and be able to do the job. I very well may go this route. This would cut the fields but truth is, I wouldn't be able to work the fields. I may be contradicting myself but I REALLY want that Kubota (50+k) with a back hoe attachment and a 60/72 inch brush hog. My wife would kill me unless I sell the Harley. (NOT happening.) :rolleyes:

T

tpg722

NO DISRESPECT HERE BUT I HAVE NOT SEEN A VIDEO YET THAT SHOWS A LAWN BEING CUT JUST A FEW PASSES SO DO NOT THINK IT IS A FINISH CUT MOWER. I HAVE BEEN RIDING ATVS AND MOTORCYCLES FOR AWHILE AND THAT THING LOOKS LIKE A CHINESE JUNKER. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY

DO YOU GET WHAT I AM SAYING.

JUST MY 2CENTS

Here is a video of it cutting a little bit more than a lawn... RAVEN Hybrid Cutting - YouTube

demhustler

demhustler

Here is a video of it cutting a little bit more than a lawn... RAVEN Hybrid Cutting - YouTube

another review (25.03.2013) of one one lucky customer (unless each of Lowes customers got Denver Global Products techs coming to their homes right away, trying to solve a problem, and replacing mower straight from production line : ))))))
every OEM has 1-2 years teething problems and debugging period on new models, but not like this one
looks like they completely skipped end product preparation and testing part
-------
Lowes Raven MPV Lawn Mower Review - YouTube

"I bought Raven MPV-710 Mower from Lowes in NC on Monday March 25th. In the video you can see me start and run it for the first time. After a very short time the blades shut off for to reason. I turned the mower off and back on. Started the blades again and the same thing happened after about 20th. I then let it run sitting still for 10 minutes. I was able to mow most of my small front yard before the blades stopped again. I parked it running, put it into generator mode and plugged a blower into it. It provides plenty of electrical power. I also put it into high gear and rode around the back yard with it.

The next day i let the mower run for almost an hour and i got about 8 minutes of mowing before the blades stopped.
Another problem I've had is sometimes after putting the Raven into neutral setting the parking brake getting off it to load the bucket and back on it won't go. I've turned it off and back on and tried to move again and nothing. waited ten minutes and tried again and it worked ok.
I contacted Denver Global Products and got a response from them right away asking for my contact details. After providing my info I have not heard back from them again. I'm going to try to exchange it for a new one as i'm hoping it's just a problem with my particular unit.

Update
The Denver Global Products tech came to my house to fix the mower. He could not figure out what was wrong with it but not without a valiant effort. So the mower at this time still doesn't work. But to save me the inconvenience of having to borrow a trailer pack it up return it and get another he's having one build and he's going to bring it from the factory to my house to swap it out. He's also going to test it out prior. I've never heard of a company go to that level of effort to make one customer happy.
So figures crossed I'll have a working mower come Monday.
*I work with new technologies and I understand there will be little issues and bugs that arise. As long as the manufacturer makes the effort to fix them it's ok with me."
-----
- p.s. judging by amount of bs and baloney, they put in their advertisement, and quality of sold product - not every customer will be as lucky as this one

C

crawford111

I have a raven or should say, I told Lowe's about a few problems that I had they came and got it told me that when the bugs get out I'll get another. Now for quality not being there I think your eye's need vision check it really built strong and since no one else has anything like it they are far ahead of others. Yes it will has some bugs being this new,I like no belts genny,atv and electric mode to ride on means less fuel to use. plus the company has a out standing customer phone service they speak English and go out of there way to make you a happy camper Also it makes a nice clean cut.:smile::rolleyes:

C

crawford111

:smile::confused2:
I have a raven or should say, I told Lowe's about a few problems that I had they came and got it told me that when the bugs get out I'll get another. Now for quality not being there I think your eye's need vision check it really built strong and since no one else has anything like it they are far ahead of others. Yes it will has some bugs being this new,I like no belts genny,atv and electric mode to ride on means less fuel to use. plus the company has a out standing customer phone service they speak English and go out of there way to make you a happy camper Also it makes a nice clean cut.:smile::rolleyes:

I talked to Lowe's head at main office she told me she was second in line. She explained that lowe's is working hard to resolve the main issues and will never let it go out again till they are convince they are fixed. She said she will email me to let me know when it ready to be on market again. I believe this because they put a lot of there own money into R&D . This happened 5-22-13 She also said that every unit in shop will also be fixed before new one's come off line. I seen a picture of shop and there are a bunch of the ravens to be fixed. But then I'm a glutton for punishment after owning it for a short time I really enjoyed it can't wait till mine come home again. I'm hoping for 2 more weeks in till then my 60 Swisher zero turn will make do .

C

crawford111

Well here is the latest Denver Global call me today. They said anyone that had sent raven to be fixed will be first all who just turn them in belongs to Lowe's and will be turned in for credit. She told me they now have the battery fixes.blades falling off fixes , new seat switch fixed, steering problems fixes. Well then I tried to pin her down when will it be back she says 2 to 4 weeks well seeing is believing right? I don't really seeing any 220 volt system for a while, since they called me I'm hopeful that it isn't that far off.:smile::thumbsup:

4acres

I take support calls on the Raven and there are TSB's on the seat switch, on the blades coming off and a couple of others. Service calls come from all over the country so no single service center has them all. One nationwide service center reports problems getting parts from China and tell me they have Ravens in the shop for two months. The Raven was not put on sale until March 2013 so many customers report downtime eclipses uptime. And because it's so new and cutting-edge (LOL) technology, most customers are patient as the Denver, NC company works on solving manufacture and support issues. I am happy to report Lowe's has since removed it from sale and offering consumers refunds or trade-ins for their Raven.

C

crawford111

4 acres I guess I really don't understand what you posted because Denver Global from NC told me to bring in Raven and it would be fixed with in 2 weeks. To me saying the parts are ready and fix is on I didn't call they call me. what you are saying is nothing like they to me.

4acres

I can't be specific in this venue. Other issues have been reported than those reported on this forum. Denver Global has been outstanding take care of customers and I applaud them.

C

crawford111

Yes I agree when I call they listen and explain the problem and will work it out with you. My other friends have the other major brands they tell me customer service sucks and half the time they are rude to them. And as far as they concern it's yours live with it. I'll will stick with them that's is Denver Global I see not any other company which can match there product.:thumbsup::smile:

C

crawford111

Hey 4 acres got a call from DGP they asked if I still wanted one of coarse I said yes then they said we will put you on list. What list are they talking about ?:smile:

4acres

I don't yet know. I have not heard. I contacted my support staff and no one else is aware at Service Advantage. I recommend you ask DGP "what list" then report it here. I'd be happy to follow-up.

4acres

Some of you guys may already be aware, there is a new revised Raven mower for sale at many Lowe's stores "with over 200 revisions". Looking forward to someone sharing here how they perform.

C

crawford111

I just got the new Raven on the way home seat fell off to floor hope this is no a sign. Starts great,runs well,gas pedal still a little to much sensitivity, mows great still getting use to speed on mowing very quick. One thing I really miss is the knob to adjust tilt on steering wheel. My family is different sizes you need a wrench each time to correct it. I will call to see if I can get the knob. One thing will slow sales is they tacked on another 1000.00. I think thats was way to much for the machine but if it came with 220-240 this would make sense. DGP needs help on there line I asked were to get one at Lowe's they told me only Va. I ask what happen to NC and TN they said not at this time. Then I find 8 miles away a mom and pop store sales them. Then I called main office NC Lowe's. Next day they called me they at them in Greenville TN 30 miles away went and got it. They had 5 now 4 time will tell how well it works no rain here for a while no much grass growing. Date of pick up 06-06-2014.

4acres

So Crawford, what's the low-down on the way it performs? By now I imagine you have used it once or twice?

C

crawford111

all in all they fix all bad problems, I really like it it very quick I need to slow it down to cut the grass till I get used to it's speed. I had call DGP about getting the plastic knob for till even if I have to pay for it. They told me no they had to many problems, I don't by it they never ran that long before battery failure. I took deck off less then 1 minute back on in 4 minute. I really think the price by a grand will kill sells if they put in 220-240 power it would make sense. But it cuts like a beast I still use my head set for noise best thing is no belts,real drum brakes both wheels a real real rear end not cheep like other lawn mowers. The steering was greatly in proved. And my blades stayed on no problem LOL.

I

IBAJ

all in all they fix all bad problems, I really like it it very quick I need to slow it down to cut the grass till I get used to it's speed. I had call DGP about getting the plastic knob for till even if I have to pay for it. They told me no they had to many problems, I don't by it they never ran that long before battery failure. I took deck off less then 1 minute back on in 4 minute. I really think the price by a grand will kill sells if they put in 220-240 power it would make sense. But it cuts like a beast I still use my head set for noise best thing is no belts,real drum brakes both wheels a real real rear end not cheep like other lawn mowers. The steering was greatly in proved. And my blades stayed on no problem LOL.
that is a great review! Anyone else out there with a review on their improved Raven? I'm interested and feel this concept will become even more popular as other companies start to compete.