Raisman plugs?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I've only used a raisman part once, starter recoil for a briggs 190cc flathead.. got it from Jacks small engines.

Chartman

Threads

Never heard of them prior to this thread, & I'll stick to my NGK plugs..​

About Raisman:​

RAISMAN is a global supplier in the outdoor power equipment parts industry. Our Product Line covers most of the well-known OEM’s in the market, presenting top quality aftermarket replacements at factory-direct prices.

Headquartered in Miami, Florida and with facilities in China, Argentina and Brazil, we cover all continents, maintaining active business with more than 250 customers worldwide.

Raisman started back in 1983 in Brazil where we established a carburetor factory with the sole purpose of making Ethanol resistant parts for small engines (the first in South America).

From our manufacturing facility in Brazil we continue to supply 2 and 4 stroke kits and carburetors to all large National Distributors in the US and Europe.

In 35 years, the company evolved to being a reliable source in the market, offering more than 3,000 parts to lawn & garden, forestry, marine, light construction and GOLF/ATV equipment.

At our Distribution Center in Florida we keep inventory of all products and process customized orders according to customer’s packaging requirements, all at a world-class customer service level.
View attachment 60323
Wow.
They "sound" more impressive than I would have thought.
I am somewhat encouraged.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Raisman sells a lot of aftermarket chainsaw parts that are NLA from the manufacturer. Are they the same as OEM? No, but it is better than throwing a good Stihl chainsaw away for a plastic part. I have used a few af their carbs without issue. HL Supply carries a lot of Raisman saw parts.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Basically I use mostly NGK plugs now as to reduce my inventory but here is a spec sheet for the NGK that might help to confuse things even more.
1651234272151.png
From the chart you see that the BPR5ES (4006) and the BKR5ES (2460) are the same plug just different hex size so I am dropping the 4006 plugs in flavor of the 2460 plugs. What is better they cost they same. Actually the 2460 went down and the 4006 went up. One distributor says to sale them at $5.24 but my current supplier as the retail at $3.14

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
And I too having to use a lot AM parts as OEM are trying to force the customers into new equipment. Just a business model that I don't like as a repairman.

It just like Stihl demanding Zama (Stihl owes a controlling share of Zama) to no longer sell carburetor repair kits or carburetor that fits only Stihl products via the distributors so Stihl can sale only new carburetors even though they claim they have carburetor repair kits which my dealer can't get. Just a profit making scheme.

What worst one the Zama offices is just North of me in Franklin, TN.

VRR.DYNDNS>BIZ

Threads
RC12YC have always been 5/8 (16mm) hex. But not NGK make the same plug with 13/16 or 5/8 hex depending on the part number. Some equipment is too tight fro the 13/16 hex so I install the 5/8 hex version without ill effects.
Often the rc12yc where recommended is a bit cold and in fact B&S has said if the plug is blackened to move to rc14YC which we find more often than not is the plug to use.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
That engine takes a BPR4ES plug. NGK plugs are like this the lower the # the hotter the plug. Where as the champion runs just different the higher the # the hotter the plug. We are having a lot of trouble getting the NGKs so are using the Champion RN12YC instead. Looks like the only difference in the RC12YC and the RN12YC us the size socket it takes to take it out since the heat range is the same.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
That engine takes a BPR4ES plug. NGK plugs are like this the lower the # the hotter the plug. Where as the champion runs just different the higher the # the hotter the plug. We are having a lot of trouble getting the NGKs so are using the Champion RN12YC instead. Looks like the only difference in the RC12YC and the RN12YC us the size socket it takes to take it out since the heat range is the same.
Kawasaki Mules model 600 and 610 had trouble fouling spark plugs, many machines affected. Had a few people go to the dealer, they'd put new a carb on or clean the old one, etc, still after a few hours, plug would foul.
I finally found that switching from a BPR6ES to a BPR4ES cures the fouling problem.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Usually the original plug listed is for the engine to be be used under heavy load and at fairly high ambient temps. If equipment is run under light load most of the time very common to need a step hotter plug. I have a few customers i put in the RC14YC plugs. My favorite spark plug story is the guy who had champion plugs in a macine that were way too cold of a plug and they fouled all the time. Auto parts store sold him some autolite plugs like 3 steps hotter and the plugs don't foul any more. To this day he tells everyone champion plugs are s#!t and autolites are the best.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Plugs are a crap shoot . If it runs well with xyz buy more xyz .
Thousands of new Waukesha 7, 000 cu. in.industrial engines had always used champion but this new engine came with NGK . SHRUG

At around 2:00 am it was down day 1 . Solution ; replace plugs with champion .

Last edited: