Raisman plugs?

Chartman

Threads
I’m usually just a lurker in this neighborhood, but I do have a question now.
I bought a tuneup kit for the Kawasaki FR651V engine on my Cub Cadet Model: 13WFA1CT010; Ser#: 1H145H60350.
The spark plugs that came with the kit are Raisman RC12YC.
They fit in the engine well enough, but they appear considerably less “substantial” than the ones I took out and they take a smaller socket (16 mm?) than the old ones (13/16"?).
The ones I took out are Savior BPR6E, which I never heard of either, but they ran fine all last year.
I’m wondering if there is a prevailing opinion about the Raisman plugs; something along the lines of:
- “Yeah, these are okay. I’ve used them and (almost) never had a problem.”
or
- “This is “aftermarket crap”. I wouldn’t use them, but you’ll “probably” be okay.”
or
- “Get those things out of your engine before they blow the thing up!”

Thanks, in advance, for your thoughtful response.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
The company is from Brazil but the plugs are made in China. https://www.raisman.com/collections/spark-plug-4/products/spark-plug-for-briggs-and-stratton The ratings online from people who have bought them on ebay and amazon are generally 4 or 5. If concerned why not look for Champion, NGK or Denso plugs that fit? Those are usually reliable.

I will tell you that Denso has a cross reference of most plug manufacturers and neither of those companies show up.

Last edited:

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I use quite a few Raisman parts on chainsaws but i don't use the spark plugs. I have not personally seen a Raisman plug fail but then again I don't put them in customers equipment in my shop. I use champion and NGK plugs. I have had plugs that come in the super cheap Amazon and Ebay kits fail quite often. I will assume the Raisman plugs are just rebranded from a manufacturer.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I never put a chinese off name plug in an engine.
NGK, Autolite, Champion or Bosch for me.

Chartman

Threads
Hi,
Thanks all for your thoughts/input!
I think I will leave the plugs in and give them a try.
(...since no one so far has gone with my third sample response.)

If I pay close attention to engine performance and inspect the plugs after a couple of uses,
I don't think I will go too far wrong.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
RC12YC have always been 5/8 (16mm) hex. But not NGK make the same plug with 13/16 or 5/8 hex depending on the part number. Some equipment is too tight fro the 13/16 hex so I install the 5/8 hex version without ill effects.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
main thing to watch out for is the length of the threaded portion and how far the nose projects compared to the old plug(s). Some plugs are coated to make seizing less probable in aluminum.

Chartman

Threads
main thing to watch out for is the length of the threaded portion and how far the nose projects compared to the old plug(s). Some plugs are coated to make seizing less probable in aluminum.
Good point, sgkent!
The body of the plug I replaced was slightly longer than the new one, but the threaded part that projects into the cylinder was the same length.

Lawn Addict
Threads

Never heard of them prior to this thread, & I'll stick to my NGK plugs..​

About Raisman:​

RAISMAN is a global supplier in the outdoor power equipment parts industry. Our Product Line covers most of the well-known OEM’s in the market, presenting top quality aftermarket replacements at factory-direct prices.

Headquartered in Miami, Florida and with facilities in China, Argentina and Brazil, we cover all continents, maintaining active business with more than 250 customers worldwide.

Raisman started back in 1983 in Brazil where we established a carburetor factory with the sole purpose of making Ethanol resistant parts for small engines (the first in South America).

From our manufacturing facility in Brazil we continue to supply 2 and 4 stroke kits and carburetors to all large National Distributors in the US and Europe.

In 35 years, the company evolved to being a reliable source in the market, offering more than 3,000 parts to lawn & garden, forestry, marine, light construction and GOLF/ATV equipment.

At our Distribution Center in Florida we keep inventory of all products and process customized orders according to customer’s packaging requirements, all at a world-class customer service level.
1651198006833.png