Quick review - just had Snapper NXT2346 delivered

Joe C 10

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Quick review - just had Snapper NXT2346 delivered
I just purchased this same tractor and do have one complaint. I have both the 3 bag system that is made for the tractor as well as a tow behind, powered Agri Fab bagger. I have noticed that with either of the baggers, there seems to be a fair amount of air that is pushed out in front of the deck while mowing. You would not notice it very much if you have a thick lawn, but if it is sparse in spots or you are picking up leaves, it becomes very apparent. Raises a fair amount of dust in sparse areas and blows leaves all over the place if they doing leaf pickup. It seems to do it less with the powered bagger, but it still does it, none the less. Tractor seems very nice other than this one issue, but I did buy this model mainly for bagging, so I am kind of disappointed at this point.

SteveG

Threads
  • / Quick review - just had Snapper NXT2346 delivered
I just purchased this same tractor and do have one complaint. I have both the 3 bag system that is made for the tractor as well as a tow behind, powered Agri Fab bagger. I have noticed that with either of the baggers, there seems to be a fair amount of air that is pushed out in front of the deck while mowing. You would not notice it very much if you have a thick lawn, but if it is sparse in spots or you are picking up leaves, it becomes very apparent. Raises a fair amount of dust in sparse areas and blows leaves all over the place if they doing leaf pickup. It seems to do it less with the powered bagger, but it still does it, none the less. Tractor seems very nice other than this one issue, but I did buy this model mainly for bagging, so I am kind of disappointed at this point.

Interesting. The 3 bag I have is powered, so our results might not be similar. It will be interesting to see how well it works in the next 6-8 weeks when the leaves start falling. In my initial testing I didn't notice a lot of issues, but my lawn is very full which might be a big difference.

I'll be sure and post once leaves start to fall!

My one issue so far is that the cupholder vibrates the carbonation out of my beer/soda in just a few minutes. :( Now if someone would only invent a vibration-dampening insert.... ;)

Steve

Oddball

Threads
My one issue so far is that the cupholder vibrates the carbonation out of my beer/soda in just a few minutes. :( Now if someone would only invent a vibration-dampening insert.... ;)

Steve

If its soda, you just need to drink water, its better for you while out sweating in the yard. If its beer, you're just not drinking it fast enough.

SteveG

Threads
If its soda, you just need to drink water, its better for you while out sweating in the yard. If its beer, you're just not drinking it fast enough.

Ahh... Yep it's beer. And I think you've locked onto the best solution to the issue. Thanks. I'm anxious to try it out when I mow next. :)

SONOFADOCKER

Threads
Don't leave it outside in the rain - what an electrical night mare - tractors should have electrical systems like a car

SteveG

Threads
OK so I was away from home, and while I did the grass grew like crazy, and then a bunch of trees started dropping major leaves in areas.

So I had a great test of leaf pickup.

Here's what I found.

1) The weight of the blower assy does lean the blade deck over to the right some, making the cut unlevel, UNLESS you lower the deck somewhat which lowers it onto the rightside roller which levels it out (I hope that makes sense). Then it is nice and level.
2) The leaf pickup is great as long as it's also cutting or picking up grass, or is in a grassy area. In other words, the previous poster is right, that the 3-blade speed kicks leaves out if you're trying to suck up leaves on the street for example. But move into the grass and it sucks them up great.

I'll obviously have a lot more testing in the next month or so, but that's my first big "real" test. I thought folks would want to hear my results.

Steve

Oddball

Threads
Sounds like a learning curve, as with most things, in figuring out the best way to use it to vacuum leaves. My JD is the same way in that it blows some of the leaves out from under the deck rather than sucking them all up and shooting them into the bags when I'm going over bare or thin spots in the yard. As with your Snapper, it does better at vacuuming leaves if I'm going over thick grass at the same time. I drop the deck on my mower down to 1 1/2 inches when I'm picking up leaves on the driveway or in the cul-de-sac along our curb. That's high enough to avoid any pieces of gravel that might be in the road but low enough to create a good vacuum and sucks leaves up under the deck from a couple inches away.

SteveG

Threads
Sounds like a learning curve, as with most things, in figuring out the best way to use it to vacuum leaves. My JD is the same way in that it blows some of the leaves out from under the deck rather than sucking them all up and shooting them into the bags when I'm going over bare or thin spots in the yard. As with your Snapper, it does better at vacuuming leaves if I'm going over thick grass at the same time. I drop the deck on my mower down to 1 1/2 inches when I'm picking up leaves on the driveway or in the cul-de-sac along our curb. That's high enough to avoid any pieces of gravel that might be in the road but low enough to create a good vacuum and sucks leaves up under the deck from a couple inches away.

I can't believe I didn't try that. I'll try it tomorrow in the street where a ton of leaves are if it doesn't rain.

I think from an airflow perspective it makes perfect sense!

Steve