Quick review - just had Snapper NXT2346 delivered

SteveG

Threads
Hi everyone,

I posted another thread wondering if the NXT2346 with powered bagger would work for leaf cleanup for me. In the end I felt it would work, so I purchased it and...

Well, I got it delivered 2 hrs ago and just finished mowing the first time. Man this baby is sweet.

The dealer really is awesome in the prep work they did setting up the bagger/turbo and checking everything out, doing the delivery and going over everything with me. I'm SO glad I bought locally from these folks (big shout out to the folks at Toreku Tractor & Equipment, Inc.).

The bagger + turbo seems like it will DEFINITELY do leaves without major issues. Looks easy to remove turbo too (no tools). You do have to use tools to remove bagger however (4 bolts).

The electronic display seemed like a gimmick when I first saw it but it already seems useful. Shows hrs since service for air, oil, blade-sharpening independently. Has trip-meters for each to reset, but also shows cumulative hrs on engine as well as trip. Shows gas level, blade height. Some will say that the electronics are risky, but I'm not so sure. It's just a simple processor and lcd with a couple of sensors (fuel level, maybe blade height feedback). These things are pretty reliable now (I work in the industry).

Love the mesh seat! Looks Like you could hose it down and sit in it 5 mins later without even getting wet. Very comfortable. Adjustable seat (front/back) which I didn't realize. The LED headlights are actually really bright, AND they don't get dim when the rpms drop like in my old mower.

The turn radius really is amazing. Very intuitive for all controls. j

Small thing I thought was GREAT - there's an oil drain hose you just disconnect and point down into your collection bucket. Means NO TOOLS to drain oil. Very nice.

Mowing went great - lawn looks great. No complaints so far.

And of course it has a cup-holder for my beer. :)

Steve

SteveG

Threads
A bit more to add...

There are only 2 small things on the negative side so far.

1) The powered bagger and cutting deck are not quiet. The engine itself is great (not loud) but the powered bagger and cutting deck definitely adds lots of noise when engaged. I can't tell how much is the bagger and how much is the deck since I haven't removed the bagger yet. I'll be removing the bagger until fall however so it will definitely be quieter. And I usually have my noise-reducing earbuds in my ears listening to CarTalk podcasts while mowing (laughing all the way around the lawn) so it shouldn't matter. Still I think it's quieter than the engine of my old craftsman.

2) The powered bagger slightly leans the deck toward the right side (maybe 1/4-3/8") due to the extra weight of the turbo. I lowered the wheels on the right side to prevent scalping if it bounces, and most of the year the bagger won't even be on it. But it is a detail I noticed.

I want to mow again. :)

Steve

originalswampfox

Threads
Sounds great to me. Don't look for negatives they will show up sooner or later and hopefully a lot later:smile::smile:

LandN

Threads
way to go steveg on your mower purchase.Hope you have lots of luck with it.Nice mention of the dealer also, as i support good dealers .Looks like he has a good lineup and facility.as was said earlier don't look for the negatives .enjoy it

Oddball

Threads
Good deal Steve. Glad you're happy so far. I agree 100% with supporting local dealers whenever possible. I do anytime I can unless the local guys are just way too high on price or don't have what I'm looking for. Having a good raport with the local dealer has benefits that far outweigh any negligible savings you may have had initially. I've got a local JD, Stihl, Redmax, Walker and Honda dealer about 2 miles from me that gets the majority of my business and another dealer of Honda, Stihl, Gravely, Toro and Snapper as well as a couple others about 6 miles from me. Between them and the two big box stores I'm pretty much covered for anything I could possibly need.

robert

Threads
Tnks for the observations Steve, I will be looking forward to more info. I am confident we can count on you to give the good, bad and ugly (if its anything other than 'good') your effort will be very useful for those thinking about this tractor...:thumbsup:

SteveG

Threads
Hi everyone. Few more thoughts - have mowed 2 times using the powered bagger, and have now removed the turbo and bagger. I'll re-install when leaves start falling in the fall.

1) The turning radius really is astounding, and the ease of turning is pretty remarkable too. They did some nice work to make it so smooth I think.

2) Saw a "light" on the dash flashing when I was going downhill. Got concerned for a second, then realized it is a low gas indicator (and was lower because I was going down a steep slope). Nice.

3) Checked the oil, and snapper filled it to the top of the maximum indicator which is perfect.

4) Initially thought needed tools to remove the bagger. Turns out both the turbo and bagger assy can be removed without any tools. Excellent!

I'm a happy camper. :) I'm attaching a few pics to show how sharp the turning radius is - look at the front tires - it's almost 90 degrees, yet it doesn't just "push" the mower - it simply turns really really sharply.

Attachments

• IMG_5825.jpg
    IMG_5825.jpg
    317.7 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_5826.jpg
    IMG_5826.jpg
    371.7 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_5827.jpg
    IMG_5827.jpg
    431.8 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_5828.jpg
    IMG_5828.jpg
    313.7 KB · Views: 64

Oddball

Threads
Sweet! Nice looking mower Steve. Sounds like it does everything you want it to. Of course the real test will come this Fall when you try to pick up leaves, but with that powered pickup and those 3 big bags, it looks like it'll handle that task with ease also. I'll have you know that I'm upset with you though. My 10 year old JD is still purring along and doing its job quite satisfactorily, but now you've got me looking at the NXT wondering if a similar setup would help me with my leaf problems.

SteveG

Threads
Sweet! Nice looking mower Steve. Sounds like it does everything you want it to. Of course the real test will come this Fall when you try to pick up leaves, but with that powered pickup and those 3 big bags, it looks like it'll handle that task with ease also. I'll have you know that I'm upset with you though. My 10 year old JD is still purring along and doing its job quite satisfactorily, but now you've got me looking at the NXT wondering if a similar setup would help me with my leaf problems.

Ha ha!

The good news about the leaves is that with my own bagger I'll be able to just whip out and do a loop a couple of times a week if necessary (not waiting for MASSIVE leaf matting), so even if it isn't absolutely perfect it really should work fine. But of course I'll let everyone know how it goes probably late october! Woohoo!

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
WOW - Snapper has some cool new tractors I see! I love that 'industrial' look.

Good luck to ye!