Questions - TimeCutter MX 5475

KM Richards

Threads
Recently got a new Toro TimeCutter MX 5475 which seems to be working great after having used it just 3 times to mow my large yard

Instructions say to change the oil after first 5 hours of use so just curious is any body know the Wix oil filer part number for Toro 136-7848

Also, does anybody happen to know if Toro offers an oil drain hose to screw in to the block? There appears to be a port so I'd like the convenience of having a hose screwed in there so I can take the plug off the end of the hose when draining the oil.

I found a Oil Drain Hose Asm - Toro Part Number: 117-1261 at

Think this would work for my application?
I suppose I could make it work by using adpaters, but I don't know the thread size in the block yet...

KM Richards

Threads
Doing a little searching and the Wix website shows that the Wix part number is WL10239

And, Orielly's Auto Parts can order them in which is what I did so I would not have to pay for shipping ?

Last edited:

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a Timecutter also. but mine has vthe Kawasaki engine, so I can't help ya.

KM Richards

Threads
Yeah, I may get that hose I posted the link to anyway and if the threads don't match I'll go to the hardware store and get some adapters

I also have a suction pump setup that would work too.

I'm just looking for an easier way than what they show in the user manual since draining the oil should be simplified.

KM Richards

Threads
Well, after scoping out some Utube vids, there is a hose already on this mower fo draining d oil so it's all good up in the hood.

So far, this is a really comfortable mower with plenty of power and it cuts good too.

I've used it three times for a total of about 5 hours so I'm draining the oil now overnight to get a good drain

Tomorrow I'll be putting in Amsoil 10W30 Commercial Grade Synthetic small engine oil along with a Wix oil filter with an aftermarket magnet on the outside of the filter

Gotta take care of the old lawn mower ya know (y)

gundawg

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well, I hope I purchased the correct Wix filter for mine because I got the Wix 51394. This is the same filter that is used on the Kawasaki engines and I was told they aere the same for the Toro V-twin.

KM Richards

Threads
Not sure if that would work but you could always see if a cross reference chart shows the 2 part numbers are interchangeable.

I recently did my first oil change on mine and I know for sure that Wix 10239 works on the Toro engine.

I even got one of those oil filter magnets to put on the end of the filter for super high performance (y)

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Drain port sizes are standard so any aftermarket drain extended will work
If you have a Toro branded engine the it might be metric not Unified .

As for the filter, it is a lawnmower not a Nascar top fuler.
What is far more important is changing the oil every season, the filter is almost irrevelent .
FWIW I keep 4 filters in imperial threads and 2 metics and one of them goes on every mower that gets serviced regardless of what was originally fitted.
The determining factor is the room to get it in & out .
With the number of hours that mowers are used , chemical break down of the oil sitting there doing nothing is the biggest determinant of engine wear

KM Richards

Threads
Actually, I forgot to post that the Toro engine already has it's own drain hose built in

I saw it and didn't realize it was an oil drain hose until after watching a few reviews on this mower on Utubes

As for the filter, it is a lawnmower not a Nascar top fuler.

Well, I'm treating mine as though it's high performance machinery so I'll be running synthetic oil, wix filers (work well with synthetic and has the best media), and I'll be looking to switch the transmission lubrication over to synthetic next summer since synthetic lubricants perform so much better than conventional.

My goal is to have this mower last a really long time and perform well.

The oil filter magnet just helps keep any fine metal from remaining in the engine and instead settles in the oil filter which of eliminated from the engine when a new filter is installed. I run this on all my vehicles and it's just something added for a little extra benefit.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you don't change the oil every season then all of your work and money will be wasted .
Eating high protien suppliments and vitamin tablets , all good things will not make you live one day longer.
Putting avgas in your car won't make it run any better.

However it is your mower so if traveling down this path makes you FEEL happier then please do it.
But check the oil level like a hawk
Synthetics leak a lot more than std oil , both out the seals and past the rings
However being ashless you do not see the puff of white smoke every time you start the engine till the day the engine stops all by itself.