Question about older honda recall notices

crosstalk

Threads
Does anybody know how honda handles older recall notices (from around 2003)? Maybe honda will send out replacement parts if I call? I just realized have a couple of honda units that I bought used and have no idea whether the recall work was done (replace roto-stop on one and fuel tank on another).

Threads
Does anybody know how honda handles older recall notices (from around 2003)? Maybe honda will send out replacement parts if I call? I just realized have a couple of honda units that I bought used and have no idea whether the recall work was done (replace roto-stop on one and fuel tank on another).

I doubt they would send them to you, you would probably have to pick them up, but maybe they would send it.:confused3:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You can contact Honda and they should be able to tell you, if you have the model and serial numbers. For any dealer to be reimbursed for recall work, they must register this info with the company.

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads

You should get the serial numbers off the back of the mower decks; they start with "MXXX-1234567" and call Honda Customer Relations at 770-497-6400. They can look up the serial numbers and tell you of the status of any open recalls, as well as help you locate a nearby dealer who can do the repairs. If it's a true safety recall, not just a service bulletin, Honda will pay for the cost of repairs.

crosstalk

Threads
Thanks for the info. I called honda customer relations and they told me to take the mower to the dealer for a roto-stop replacement recall. Even though the recall notice is old, Honda will cover the recall work for the life of the unit.

crosstalk

Threads
Following up on my earlier post, I wanted to get this fixed before I start using the mower in the spring. I called Honda and give the frame serial number. They told me the recall had not been performed on this unit (MAAA-1017686) and it is part of service bulletin #65.

I called the Honda dealer. They mentioned that I should check the roto-stop return spring to see if it has a rubber/plastic insert inside the spring coil. The return spring problem seems like a different recall to me (maybe on the 217). Does anybody know what part should be replaced as part of bulletin #65. I just want to make sure I get it right.

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Following up on my earlier post, I wanted to get this fixed before I start using the mower in the spring. I called Honda and give the frame serial number. They told me the recall had not been performed on this unit (MAAA-1017686) and it is part of service bulletin #65.

I called the Honda dealer. They mentioned that I should check the roto-stop return spring to see if it has a rubber/plastic insert inside the spring coil. The return spring problem seems like a different recall to me (maybe on the 217). Does anybody know what part should be replaced as part of bulletin #65. I just want to make sure I get it right.

Your mower is part of the recall for Service Bulletin #65, "Roto-Stop Brake Plate Failure" Click on the three images below to see details:

r1_zps3eca936c.jpg......r2_zps8bd1b919.jpg......r3_zpsb3dbe3f1.jpg

The brake plate can break if the mower's blade strike an object with enough force to bend the crankshaft. Vibrations created by a bent crankshaft can fatigue the brake plate, which may not stop the blades from spinning when the blade control lever is released. DO NOT USE THE MOWER UNTIL THIS HAS BEEN REPAIRED. The ball control plate assembly must be replaced.

Honda will cover the cost of the repairs, you just need to deliver and pick-up the mower to/from the dealer.

crosstalk

Threads
Thanks, Robert, for the details. I will take it over to the honda dealer soon. When I called them, they were surprised I was still using this old of a mower!

bwdbrn1

Threads
Thanks, Robert, for the details. I will take it over to the honda dealer soon. When I called them, they were surprised I was still using this old of a mower!

That old?! My gosh, as well as Hondas are made, he shouldn't be surprised at all! When you go to your dealer, tell them there's a guy still using his HR214 mower made back in the 80s, and loves it.