Push Mower

metz12

Threads
I'm looking to upgrade my push mower in the off season. I have an older yard machines mower and it does a great job but i would like something with a bag. It doesn't need to be self propelled but if you think it would be good for me to get a self propelled mower then don't be afraid to say. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you want the best citing and bagging mower go with a snapper. They have been the best for over 30 years

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

Threads
There are many things to consider, including what the average size is of the lawns you push mow, and what the terrain is. Personally I wouldn't want a non-self-propelled mower if I was push mowing a larger lawn, or one that was hilly. Another thing to consider is your price range. I love Honda mowers, and they range in price from a couple hundred to over $1,000. I love my HRX217HYA...awesome mulcher, awesome bagger, blade-brake clutch (awesome feature), Clip Director, etc. Answer the questions I asked and we can help you more! :thumbsup:
Here is the Honda HRX217HYA on their website: Honda Lawn Mowers: HRX217HYA, HRX217K3HYA

Threads
If you want the best citing and bagging mower go with a snapper. They have been the best for over 30 years

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

Recently, Consumer Reports rated a Honda HRX mower as the best mower. If I was to pick an older mower I would go with Snapper, but for new mowers...I like Honda.

metz12

Threads
I have a couple lawns that I do that are somewhat large. My arms and my legs are pretty tired when i get in the truck to go home though. I just wasn't sure because I mow my grandfathers lawn with a toro self propelled mower that he has there and its pretty bulky and if you want to get up close to things and mow around them like going forwards and backwards its really hard to do(its the only self propelled mower i have used so i was skeptical that all of them would be bulky). But the self propel feature does work really well to my favor going up and down hills.

Threads
I have a couple lawns that I do that are somewhat large. My arms and my legs are pretty tired when i get in the truck to go home though. I just wasn't sure because I mow my grandfathers lawn with a toro self propelled mower that he has there and its pretty bulky and if you want to get up close to things and mow around them like going forwards and backwards its really hard to do(its the only self propelled mower i have used so i was skeptical that all of them would be bulky). But the self propel feature does work really well to my favor going up and down hills.

Not all self-propelled mowers are like that....I would recommend getting one that IS self-propelled if your arms hurt when you're done with a lawn.

metz12

Threads
I do 1 lawn thats full of hills that I cant do with a rider because of the hills. It definatly sucks mowing with a non self propelled mower on that one. thanks for the help.

metz12

Threads
so does your hrz217 have the variable speed option?

Threads
so does your hrz217 have the variable speed option?

No, My Honda (HRX217HYA) has the hydrostatic cruise control, where you can set the speed anywhere from 0-4 mph with a lever (the orange lever in the picture) and then it goes that fast when you press in the drive bar. You can change the speed you are going another way, also...by not pressing in the drive bar all the way will slow the mower down.
h.c.c..jpg
But you can get a mower with the variable speed Smart Drive...the HRX217VKA.
HYA: HRX217HYA.jpg
VKA: honda with adjustable speed.jpg