Pros and Cons of Lawn Tractors vs Garden Tractors vs Zero Turn

robert

Threads
  • / Pros and Cons of Lawn Tractors vs Garden Tractors vs Zero Turn
Interesting MM as the Tiger Cub is an upscale machine, certainly pro quality....

Mullins, go to the smug mug cite and look at the drive oil temp after an hour or so mowing in hot weather, the BDU10 is the real deal.

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Was just at the Scag site, mulch kit with Gator type blades, operator controlled discharge door, and fixed discharge plate are all available for 2006 and newer Tiger Cub/Cat. These items may not have been available in 2008 when I bought the Tiger Cub. None of the commercial guys that I know around here have mulch kits, collection systems are very popular however.

mullins87

Threads
Interesting MM as the Tiger Cub is an upscale machine, certainly pro quality....

Mullins, go to the smug mug cite and look at the drive oil temp after an hour or so mowing in hot weather, the BDU10 is the real deal.

I noticed it wasn't much over ambient temp.

robert

Threads
In a word I found it- amazing -.

jdhone

Forum Newbie
Threads
your right kenny on the advances of mowers . yesterday i was looking online at zt's and such and found a convertable mower,almost like a transformer.you can ride it like a zt or switch it and walk it for places you can't ride through.awesome:thumbsup: now this mower may have been around awhile but it's the first i seen it. but then i'm not in that market yet.

I also saw this "transformer" style machine in the back, advertising section, of PM Magazine. I believe its called the DR. I inquired and they sent me some information on it but I never found anyone who could attest, for or against, the machine's versatility. I wanted to see what I'd be getting had I chosen to actually purchase one.

Information can be found in the back of Popular Mechanics Magazines...probably the summer issues.

jdh

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
There was a DR dealer/distributor near Enfield, CT, and in 2007 I went there and did a serious lookover of the convertable ZTR. The machine was interesting in concept and appeared to be well engineered and built. I asked the salesman if they could demo the machine for me but they declined telling me that this machine had been sold, but another machine will be in stock soon and they would call me. They never did call me and probably because DR closed the store that same summer.
I was having a coffee with a friend in the lawn care business and mentioned the DR ZTR in conversation. He chuckled and commented that Scag was top machine around here for both service support and resale value. Shortly after I came home with a Scag Tiger Cub and retired both of my high end GTs.
Mad Mackie in CT:biggrin::laughing:

txzrider

Threads
I know this is an older thread ... but I had to laugh when I saw a you tube video proving Robert wrong and KennyV and others correct.

Go forward about 9 minutes 40 seconds in to the directions of how to turn with a ztr. A joystick equipped one no less!

Country Clipper 2008 Service and Operation - YouTube