Post Picture of your Ventrac!

Slater

Threads
Nice picture toro! :thumbsup:
I have a little over 1.25 acres that I mow, one area around 25 degrees. Plow out my drive and the neighbors during the winter.
I also am mowing a friends house that is probably 2.5acres.
I have around 300hrs on my 3223D and have had no problems with it.
Like BKBrown said, I change the oil and filters at the proper intervals (I also use synthetic) and grease all the fittings.
Not to say you couldn't have a problem with yours, but like most things, if you take care of them they will last you a long time (I shouldn't say most things now that everything seems to be made to last 1 year then break :thumbdown:)

I expect my Ventrac to last me till I can pass it down or until I get a larger place and get a 4000 :biggrin: But the 3000 is a beautiful machine and I think if I ever do upgrade I will be sad to lose it.

toro5xi

Threads
Glad to hear about the great reliability you all have had.

I used Mobil 1 and the factory oil filter. I am looking to perform a greasing again before the snow comes. Other than cleaning the radiator screens I have not done any other maintenance.

I am pretty competent mechanically but I will share one blunder I did make on my 3223d. I wanted to be able to put on a light for snow plowing once in a while so I purchased the accessory electrical kit to plug it in. Well I did not hook up the ground wire properly so it back fed through throttle cable and locked up the cable. It got hot in a hurry. Guess I should have had the dealer hook it up, I think the replacement throttle cost me around $30.:frown:

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
No big deal - we all make mistakes - as long as you learned from it and are more careful about such things in the future $30 isn't that much for a good learning experience. It could have been much worse. and the dealer installing it probably would have cost more than the $30. :biggrin:
Glad to hear about the great reliability you all have had.

I used Mobil 1 and the factory oil filter. I am looking to perform a greasing again before the snow comes. Other than cleaning the radiator screens I have not done any other maintenance.

I am pretty competent mechanically but I will share one blunder I did make on my 3223d. I wanted to be able to put on a light for snow plowing once in a while so I purchased the accessory electrical kit to plug it in. Well I did not hook up the ground wire properly so it back fed through throttle cable and locked up the cable. It got hot in a hurry. Guess I should have had the dealer hook it up, I think the replacement throttle cost me around $30.:frown:

Slater

Threads
No big deal - we all make mistakes - as long as you learned from it and are more careful about such things in the future $30 isn't that much for a good learning experience. It could have been much worse. and the dealer installing it probably would have cost more than the $30. :biggrin:

Exactly what I thought. At least you got to know your tractor a little bit better :thumbsup:
I had to adjust my weight transfer spring just a little bit. Didn't cost me anything just a little bit of time and I learned a bit in the process :smile:

Raw Dodge

Threads
First ones mine the day I picked it up,2nd is a few hrs later after tearing into the 31hp 950G engine....

Attachments

• 2012-03-07 09.26.53.jpg
    2012-03-07 09.26.53.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 86
  • 2012-03-07 16.38.27.jpg
    2012-03-07 16.38.27.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 92

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Nice 4231 - Why did you need to open up the engine ? My 2004 had nearly 900 trouble free hours. Now have one of the last Gas engine models that Ventrac made and expect it to last longer than I do. :biggrin:

First ones mine the day I picked it up,2nd is a few hrs later after tearing into the 31hp 950G engine....

Raw Dodge

Threads
Nice 4231 - Why did you need to open up the engine ? My 2004 had nearly 900 trouble free hours. Now have one of the last Gas engine models that Ventrac made and expect it to last longer than I do. :biggrin:

900 hrs is just breaking in....the best engines can still be destroyed by a few stupid moves,and lack of maintenance....

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I know 900 Hours is not much for that engine. I have been told (by someone I believe) that one was traded in with just shy of 10,000 hours and only good general care and regular oil and filters.
I was just wondering if you knew what caused the need to tear it down ?
OK - I see in your other thread about this engine that someone used straight water without antifreeze (DUMB).

I LOVE my Ventrac. :thumbsup: :biggrin:

Last edited:

Raw Dodge

Threads
ForumRunner_20121022_230716.png

Here's a picture of my machine with the duals..