Post Picture of your Ventrac!

Ventrac

Threads
I got more attachments than a Ventrac, buddy...:wink:

Might need to get me one of those, my 2010 sweeper keeps breaking the belt :thumbdown:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Might need to get me one of those, my 2010 sweeper keeps braking the belt :thumbdown:

I hate to egg this on, but a Kirby? That keeps breaking the belt, I mean.

Ventrac

Threads
I hate to egg this on, but a Kirby? That keeps breaking the belt, I mean.

Nonono, my 2010 Bissell Powerforce keeps breaking its belt, I don't have a Kirby, maybe I need to go check out the dump and restore one myself :laughing:

BTW twall, thanks for the always great wit and banter :) That is why we have missed you around here!

Last edited:

toro5xi

Threads
Well, after stuffing myself on Turkey thought I would take a break and post some pictures.

Took off the mower deck and mounted the blade, although hoping it will be a little while before I need to use it.

I made the plow wings because I was unable to find any. The plow already had holes in it so it was not too tough to make and mount some wings. The black parts on the plow I made from 1 inch think rubber blocks. They seem to help scrape the snow.

Would love to see some more pics of the 3000 series.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 65
  • 167.jpg
    167.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 63
  • 207.jpg
    207.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 67

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Toro5xi,
Where did you find that rubber ???

I don't know that I have a need for it, but would like to know the source.

Are those the stock tires on the front ?

Sorry, I don't have pictures of the 3000 series - mine is the 4231.

toro5xi

Threads
Hi BK

I think I just got them off of Ebay. I kept looking for rubber cutting edges but did not need to the whole piece and happened to stumble on these pieces.

I have the knobby tires all around.

I bought my Ventrac when they were doing that promotion 2 years ago where you bought the 3000 series and got 3 attachments. I really did not need a cutting deck at that point so my dealer let me get the diesel unit and not the cutting deck. I purchased the unit from Bairs in Canton and they have been good to deal with.

The only thing I wish ventrac had done if possible was make the attachments inter changeable for the 3000 series and 4000 series. I have priced some of the 4000 series but hate to trade in my cutting deck and stump grinder. I may try to sell myself at some point.

No way do I need a 4000 series but I have an addiction.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I know this has been mentioned before, but I still believe that the difference in the 3000 and 4000 attachments is mainly that the drive pulley for the power attachments is vertical for the 4000 and horizontal for the 3000. I am guessing that it is because the rear engine makes it easier to transfer the power up front on horizontal pulleys.
On the other subject - I have resisted doing ebay, facebook, twitter and other things like that.
I didn't need to trade in my 2004 4231 Gas Liquid Cooled unit, but when I found out that they were not goint to be offering it anymore (because of EPA regs on the engine) I decided to trade in mine with nearly 900 hours. I had ZERO engine problems with the first one and expect the same with this one.

toro5xi

Threads
Hi BK

What do you use your unit for primarily? I only have 70 hours so far in 2 years. My yard is just not very big. I really bought the 3223 for snow plowing and moving dirt and I just thought it was an awesome machine.

In 900 hours have you had any maintenance issues?

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi,
We have 10 acres and the only part that is close to level is the lawn (about 1/2 acre), but that is not all I mow. I mow about 3.5 acres on our property (some is the back of the dam & part of that is nearly a 40 degree slope) I also mow a big portion of my 85 year old neighbor's (I'd say about 6 acres) some of that is field and slope so that part gets mower raised to max.

I don't know what the "primary" use is because I sometimes have dirt or logs to move or grading to do here or at some of the neighbors and quite often our road needs work after the State grades it (they sometimes leave it worse than they found it).

Let's just say that I have the 60" mower, the 60" dozer/snow blade, the excavator bucket, the lawn aerator, the leaf blower, a spreader (for both seed and sanding the road), 300 Lbs of suitcase weights, AND the 60" Snow Blower that has been used heavily when we had 2 snows that were recorded around 2' close together and some more around the same time. The Ventrac plowed out 9 long (some steep) Driveways and over 1/2 mile of road and never missed a beat with snow over 2' deep. With the chains on, it pulled out 4WD vehicles and one neighbor's 4WD Kubota :biggrin: :thumbsup:. I use them all - sometimes with one on the front and another on the rear. Also have and use the dual wheel set when I'm going on steep slopes and when I need to pull something where traction is a must.

I had NO problems with engine in nearly 900 hours and now the 2nd unit with nearly 80 hours. I change oil and filter regularly and use Amsoil Synthetic and good filters. Keep all the grease fittings lubricated and just generally take care of the tractor, but don't baby it at all. I truly use it as a multi-Purpose machine and it does not let me down.

This machine continues to impress and amaze everyone who sees what it can and will do.

Hope that wasn't too long --- If you can't tell :rolleyes: ---- I LOVE my Ventrac ! :biggrin: :thumbsup: