POS Tesla Semi-Trucks Breaking Down

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
What I find dissapointing is these tricks of the trade are very well know
They basically have not changed since I was forced to do Pyhc in my 2nd & 3rd year at uni and that was in the 60's .
From what Mechanism has posted, he is obviously not a dullard yet he allows himself to be manipilated so easily and completely by a pile of cheap tricks .
Those You tubes I posted took about 15 seconds of research to find and there were thousands of them to alert us to people who are trying to manipulate our minds yet so few bother to watch them and thus get sucked in all the time by any spiv who pretends they are on your side against them.

mitchstein443

Threads
Like I said before... EV's and Electric trucks are a scam and so to are electric lawn tractors. If you buy one of these overpriced P'sos you will be ska-rooed. Scotty explains how the Tesla 18 Wheelers are breaking down before they reach 100 miles! Then they have to be towed with a reliable diesel truck back to Tesla to be "fixed". give me a break...
While I see you have much good information on cars and other gas powered euiptment as wel as a very strong oinion on what is good and not which usually I agree with. you are completly misinformed on EV's and you are using your reputation in mechincs world to spread a lot of flse information..

In the 1800's the man said, combustion engines will never replace the horse, they do not have the durbility and con not go very far from home do to needing refueling.. I refuel my horse by letting it eat grass, my horse crosses fields of it, try that in a car!!

And they were sorta right, but gas stations popped up everywhere and roads were built and the horse disapeared from everyday life and became a luxury, as will combustion engines...

My ryobi 300e is used to mow a 5 acre graveyard, because of it's size it fits between the grave stones well, it does it on a single charge, it has done it now for 4 years and has had only one maintainance done to it. SOrry two.. Last week I had to replace a 2amp fuse that blew and would not let me use my headlights. it apparently was a improper use of a fuse as th circuit it was protecting uses two amps, replaced with a 10 (the buck supplies up to 15 amps and all of it passed through a 2am fuse for 3 years).. And away I went..

The maintanance was last year, I sharpened the blades..

Now we use a craftsman dyt4000 to maintain a 3 acre field have for about 7 years now.. Every year we have to cleanout the carb or remember to winterize it, remove the battery, change the oil every two months, clean and possibly replace the air cleaner, the plug, 2 stators, 4 or 5 starters, 3-4 sets of belts..

Nah, I'll take the ryobi, we bought a 42" one to replace the old fashioned, maintanance hogging expernsive unreliable dyt4000... And we are replacing all our gas powered tools with EV.. But do not worry, the old gas engines will be used by our local framer to run some generators for his severl well pumps, you know when the sun doen't shie enough to charge the sump pump batteries from his solar cells..

There is place for everything, there is a time for everything, combustion engines have run thier time, had thier place, now it's time to modernize and move forward. As a mechanic, you can either adapt and join those of us who will modify and high po EVs or join the ranks of those still using horses and buggies, they have a bunch of them here in PA, they got neat black uniforms too..

mitchstein443

Threads
While I see you have much good information on cars and other gas powered euiptment as wel as a very strong oinion on what is good and not which usually I agree with. you are completly misinformed on EV's and you are using your reputation in mechincs world to spread a lot of flse information..

In the 1800's the man said, combustion engines will never replace the horse, they do not have the durbility and con not go very far from home do to needing refueling.. I refuel my horse by letting it eat grass, my horse crosses fields of it, try that in a car!!

And they were sorta right, but gas stations popped up everywhere and roads were built and the horse disapeared from everyday life and became a luxury, as will combustion engines...

My ryobi 300e is used to mow a 5 acre graveyard, because of it's size it fits between the grave stones well, it does it on a single charge, it has done it now for 4 years and has had only one maintainance done to it. SOrry two.. Last week I had to replace a 2amp fuse that blew and would not let me use my headlights. it apparently was a improper use of a fuse as th circuit it was protecting uses two amps, replaced with a 10 (the buck supplies up to 15 amps and all of it passed through a 2am fuse for 3 years).. And away I went..

The maintanance was last year, I sharpened the blades..

Now we use a craftsman dyt4000 to maintain a 3 acre field have for about 7 years now.. Every year we have to cleanout the carb or remember to winterize it, remove the battery, change the oil every two months, clean and possibly replace the air cleaner, the plug, 2 stators, 4 or 5 starters, 3-4 sets of belts..

Nah, I'll take the ryobi, we bought a 42" one to replace the old fashioned, maintanance hogging expernsive unreliable dyt4000... And we are replacing all our gas powered tools with EV.. But do not worry, the old gas engines will be used by our local framer to run some generators for his severl well pumps, you know when the sun doen't shie enough to charge the sump pump batteries from his solar cells..

There is place for everything, there is a time for everything, combustion engines have run thier time, had thier place, now it's time to modernize and move forward. As a mechanic, you can either adapt and join those of us who will modify and high po EVs or join the ranks of those still using horses and buggies, they have a bunch of them here in PA, they got neat black uniforms too..

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Nothing new in the video but nice to hear a tuber admit they do not know anything about some thing that they are a passionate supporter of .
The E-Truck would be good for stock deliveries from a BDC to supermarkets .
While loading at the BDC there is anything from 15 minutes to 1/2 hour if every dock position has a charger .
Because city driving is all stop go a diesel engine engine will be in it's dirtiest emission mode so it would go a long way to cleaning up city air.
Way way back I commented that if Musk really wanted to save the planet then what he really needed to market was a 2 to 4 ton pan which form the back bone of inner city delivery fleets and in the USA there would be hundreds of thousands of them .
Most of them go through a tank of fuel a shift so that is a lot more pollution not made and any fancy 200 mph sports car .
Taxis would be the next step .
However none of this takes away from the fact that the Li battery is the most polluting energy storage device ever made

adam1991

Threads
Scotty Kilmer

5.52M subscribers
Quantity does not equal quality.

That you're happy being in a crowd that follows Kilmer, and in fact defend that by saying "but I'm in a crowd!", says WAY more about you than you realize.

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Please keep the thread on topic please!

mechanizm

Threads
yes, let's stay on-topic.... WHAT DID KILMER SAY THAT ISN'T TRUE?

upupandaway

Threads
The E-Truck would be good for stock deliveries from a BDC to supermarkets .
What I don't get is that if this truck costs as much as a Diesel truck, how is it financially feasible? I mean, like a plane, you use the crap out of it to pay for itself. A battery truck will be down for hours a day just to charge. The GM Hummer took almost 24 hrs to charge. This will have a much bigger battery. How long will this take to charge?

However none of this takes away from the fact that the Li battery is the most polluting energy storage device ever made
When Toyota first sold the Prius, they asked buyers why they bought it. Environment was at the bottom of the list. Do you think tesla Plaid buyers are buying it to "save the world"? Obviously not. For those who say it will save the environment, I think the reason these people say it is good for the environment is because of the "no tailpipe, no pollution", the chemical dump that made it is now 1/2 around the World and the coal\natgas power plant is 40 miles away instead. I laughed when I saw the lic plate "No oil" on a Tesla.