por-15 fuel tank

hotrod351

Threads
ive got a 5hp that im on my second gas tank and again rust. really tired of it. figured if i use that por-15 to coat the inside i wont be getting any more. has any one here use por-15 on the inside of there tank. any problems with it.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads

hotrod351

Threads
thats the kit i bought. por-15 super starter kit. comes with everything needed. just wondered if any one here had used it on the there gas tank.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Have on trencher tank, works great... :smile:KennyV

hotrod351

Threads
did you get it on the inside top of the tank. thats my concern, flipping the tank upside down to coat every part. from what i understand it has to coat the inside completely. i mad a cap for where the carb mounts to keep it from running out.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
You can use a plastic sheet under the fuel cap... and duct tape over any openings.... Yes You must roll the tank upside down and side ways to cover All surfaces ... that is for the prep & the final coating... :smile:KennyV

hotrod351

Threads
ok. ill be doing it later this week. ive ued por-15 on the outside of a old gas tank i have that had pin holes, no rust inside just small pin holes. has held for for many years now. just be glad when its done, no more rust to be sucked up the carb.

hotrod351

Threads
well dont know what i did wrong but one tank finally started cracking and chipping away inside, that was after 3 days of drying and then i put gas in it. the other im still letting dry, which it should already be dry. ive used it on the outside of a gas tank with minor pin holes and it worked great but in thinking now its going to do the same thing in my other tank, chip and crack. oh well i guess ill be buying a new tank.