PLEASE HELP!

jdunn618

Threads
Some tractors are set up to choke when the throttle is in full forward position. Once it starts, you must pull the throttle back to the run position.
Could this be part of your issue?
Oh really? I never had a mower that does that, yea running position is fine but full forward throttle chokes it def. I just had uneven tires I think one is warped from someone over inflating it so my cut was off & since my deck was leveled & sharp blades I assume it was bc full throttle wasnt working in thicker grass when I tried to run higher. Thanks a lot! The tires are same psi now but still look odd shape on the right side. If odd cut level continues would the VERY SLIGHT difference in tire be my issue then?

jdunn618

Threads
It sounds to me like that your throttle needs adjustment. It should be wide open at full throttle. Try pulling back on the throttle until the butterfly is wide open and then see how it runs.
It runs fine like that, I just didn't know some were set up to choke at fullest throttle I didn't know that! Thank you

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I think you may be pushing the throttle up too high.... This one probably has the All in one Choke/Throttle feature,... there is usually a detent that catches on the throttle handle when you've reached max throttle, and then from there up is choking it.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Pictures would be nice here. And turn your phone sideways to get a wider shot.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
As I am not familiar with Zooms I had been staying out of this
However on the first photo I notice there is no return spring on the choke .
If you get a rebuild kit you will see there is a small clock spring that goes under the black plastic top
You notice there is a step at the front for anchoring the spring to
There is usually a small foam ring that goes over the whole shooting match.
You have to pull the choke butterfly out to replace the spring .
Without the spring most chokes will close at higher throttle opening due to the air rushing past same as an out house door in high winds .

jdunn618

Threads
I think you may be pushing the throttle up too high.... This one probably has the All in one Choke/Throttle feature,... there is usually a detent that catches on the throttle handle when you've reached max throttle, and then from there up is choking it.
Thats definitely it, had no idea I just was choking it as I've been so use to separate choke mower. Such a rookie mistake ? thank you. Hopefully I didn't actually mess up anything cable wise & if my cut is still leaving unevenness, would a slightly bulge tire be to blame as I believe the last guy over filled one side & the other was just low. Hope it cuts fine now but I start all this because of small uneven cutting thinking since deck was level etc it was a slow running problem & I had to run "fullest throttle" ?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
It's possible.... Is the bulge in the tread or sidewall?

Gord Baker

Threads
If your mower is at operating speed in the photo, it appears the Throttle Plate is nearly closed.
Governor linkage can do that if there is a fuel problem (not enough gas). Try squirting a small amount of gasoline into the Carb when it is set for wide open and see if it revs up considerably. I think you may have fuel starvation problem and need to have the Carb disassembled and all passages cleaned. There are some very tiny holes in the emulsion tube and jets that you may need a wire from a wire brush to clean. Remember carefully how it is assembled and if new to this, take photos.
Work on a big clean surface with a towel underneath so items don't bounce away . Good Luck.

jdunn618

Threads
It's possible.... Is the bulge in the tread or sidewall?
Tread, its not super noticeable and the left side was low. Only reason I care so much is I'm pretty knowledgeable but also starting a lawncare biz so I want things working/looking mint