PLEASE HELP!

jdunn618

Threads
Will need the Model type and code numbers off the engine, they will be stamped into the OHV valve cover on the front of the engine
My apologies the engine says 15hp Kohler command and the mower frame says 14hp. Might have a diff engine but that's probably why I can't find the same part. Idk model # for engine is CV15S special # is 41526 and displ # is 426 idk what else is needed there's a couple more numbers

jdunn618

Threads
I found the right parts the engine is different. The guy who sold it to me didn't tell me that, found the new carb online if I need. I just hope I can find better videos on adjusting the throttle, the cable is fine but still dies in full throttle as it STILL closes the valves as soon as it hits full throttle. Ugh

jdunn618

Threads
So it sounds to me like your problem is dying out/ straining under load, i would remove the carburetor and clean it. specifically the main jet.
The butterfly valve doesn't have to open very much for a engine to reach full speed (about 3600 RPM) with no load.... Under load the governor may open the throttle more to compensate for the load.
Looks like a Kohler Command engine?
Crankcase breather hose had big ole split in it, ordered new one & a carb since it was only $18- I been stressing with yards to do as I just started my own business. Is there any other reason it would choke out at full throttle if those don't work??

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Let me back up one step to be sure we're on the same page....
When you put it up to full throttle, which one closes, the one circled in Red or Blue?
carb213.png

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Idk model # for engine is CV15S special # is 41526 and displ # is 426
If this is a CV15S, I just worked on one. If I could get a wider picture of the carb linkages, might be able to help.

For the two linkages, one will push in at full throttle slash choke setting about an inch roughly, and only that much. That is your choke linkage. Other one should move in concert with the throttle lever. This latter one is your throttle linkage.

Far as the engine losing power at high revs, are the block and cooling fins clean? As in a new engine looking clean? Wondering if this one is overheating. Carb area is pretty filthy. What's under the metal engine cover? Bet the cover has never been off.

Ranamow

Threads
Some tractors are set up to choke when the throttle is in full forward position. Once it starts, you must pull the throttle back to the run position.
Could this be part of your issue?

mac

Threads
I got a 2004 Ariens Zoom34. I had the deck leveled etc. I was noticing odd level cuts, heard my engine might not be runnin fast enough. Turns out that & uneven tire pressure seems to be the blame. I have a slower time starting it btw also, but I noticed at idle & high idle it is okay (I even popped the air filter plastic off to check throttle movement from inside the carb). It works fine but only at running speed is the throttle actually wide open. When I put it in full throttle, the plate closes back up as the screw pushes & makes contact with the linkages on the carb. Here's a picture with throttle lever in the groove at running speed, again full throttle closes it back up & its bogs down or will die under blade running. Help
It sounds to me like that your throttle needs adjustment. It should be wide open at full throttle. Try pulling back on the throttle until the butterfly is wide open and then see how it runs.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The engine design with auto choke. Also the engine disigned max RPM is 3000 rpm with an idle speed of 1400 rmp. In order to go any higher you need to remove the choke linkage and install a manual choke. In this case you need make up a bracket to hold the choke cable..

skiman

Threads
Do you have a seperate choke lever or control? If not then pushing the full throttle all the way engages the choke flap for startup. Once running you pull back on the throttle till it runs smooth. That position is full throttle. Take a picture of your throttle and or choke setup on your ariens dash.

jdunn618

Threads
Let me back up one step to be sure we're on the same page....
When you put it up to full throttle, which one closes, the one circled in Red or Blue?
carb213.png
They both appear to close. The blue definitely but the red one pushes to the left direction also (if ur looking at the pic)