older exmark zeroturn electrical issue

crazyelite22

Forum Newbie
Threads
This sounds to me that you have two problems, electrical and fuel. Let's solve the electrical first. Next time it quits and will not crank to restart, take a voltage reading at the battery. You should have roughly 12.6V. If you have voltage, check the fuses. Also, check the connection between the battery ground and the chassis. I will need you to post back results so I can determine which direction to send you. This problem might be solved in 20 minutes or 10 hours, as electrical troubleshooting takes time and patience. Let me know if you want my help, as I am very slow, needy and not always available, and there are others here who areable to do a better job than me.

Sounds like my plan as soon as I get into work tomorrow.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
ok I'm not really sure what you are talking about but like I said I will post the numbers tomorrow. Thanks

lol, rivets and me have some baggage....He hates me, I like him, he doesn't know this yet...... But anyways, post your numbers!!!!!!

crazyelite22

Forum Newbie
Threads
lol, rivets and me have some baggage....He hates me, I like him, he doesn't know this yet...... But anyways, post your numbers!!!!!!

Model number LHP5220KC

SERIAL NUMBER 240915.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Here is the schematic, so we all have a map of what you have.

Attachments

• exmark lph5520.gif
    exmark lph5520.gif
    53.2 KB · Views: 14

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
What about the engine?

Keen@n777

Forum Newbie
Threads
Here is the schematic, so we all have a map of what you have.
Just a quick question about that schematic I'm currently working on a ex mark lazer that is basically identical to the OP other than a smaller cutting deck and a nearly new Kawasaki fh690v that will not run without a battery it'll fire and run fine on a jump box or fully charged battery but as soon as you disconnect the power source the motor dies the stator appears to test fine, I replaced the rectifier and still the same issue but I guess in the process of swapping engines they had to "integrate" the new engine into the original wiring harness, so I'm looking at the schematic that you posted and am a little confused by the lack of a component name at the engine end of the schematic, I assume that the rectifier is one of the groups and if so it has four wires where as the rectifier fit this new engine only has three posts to land to, how in the world do I figure this one out?

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Are you saying that you disconnect the battery totally, or just the jumper cable to it?
Does your carburetor have a solenoid on the bottom of the carb? Can you snap a few pics?

Keen@n777

Forum Newbie
Threads
Are you saying that you disconnect the battery totally, or just the jumper cable to it?
Does your carburetor have a solenoid on the bottom of the carb? Can you snap a few pics?
I was just saying, that when the power source is removed, it dies. I pulled the old battery as it was drained and with its age, I didn't think it would hold a charge and if so, not for long. So I was using the jump box in place of the battery.

Last edited:

Keen@n777

Forum Newbie
Threads
I was just saying that when the power source is removed, I pulled the old battery as it was drained and the age of it I didn't think it would hold a charge and if so, not for long. So I was using the jump box in place of the battery.

Keen@n777

Forum Newbie
Threads
It's not letting me post photos, it says the files are too large and I'm just using my phone so I'm not exactly sure how to resize them.