Old 3.5 HP B&S runs a few seconds and dies

Then take apart your fuel system again, and look closely at the tank, and any rust, they make hole and are porous and leak a lot.
 
no china cheap parts are not a good items but will last for a few years and generally better than a 35 year old well used part and as most mowers are not worth 100s pounds or bucks

corner do not have to be cut to make it worth while fixing but you have to take in to account the price for a working mower if its £30 aprox 50 bucks you are not going to get a mustang for the price of a banger
 
So in Great Britain, can either currency be used? Is it required to accept either currency? The Euro is optional?

As far as the engine, it has the electronic coil? Can you put up a few pics????
 
So in Great Britain, can either currency be used? Is it required to accept either currency? The Euro is optional?

As far as the engine, it has the electronic coil? Can you put up a few pics????

I haven't taken any pics, but found some in the net:

The coil

Here's the explosion picture
I just don't think there is a breaker. At least the manual "270962 Single Cylinder L-Head BRIGGS & STRATTON.pdf" doesn't mention them.
 
Anything "pre" 1983 from Briggs used points. I'll bow out and let the other guys help you.

I got curious. I removed the flywheel and... there they were - points!

What's the cylindrical part that has the other point on its end?
Kind of looks like capacitor, but then not. And capacitor should be parallel to the breaker.

points.png
 
Last edited:
There are several dozen guys here "panting" to help you, I am sure!!!!!


I was waiting for you to fix his so I could fix mine.

I have one does the same thing so can you hurry up and tell him what's wrong.

Thank you
 
Back
Top