Oil Overfill??

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
yep, operators manual shows 46-48 oz with filter,,, which is one of these, (Correct weight oil, of course) 1619128204796.png

Gord Baker

Threads
Drain the oil, replace the plug and wait a week to be sure that fuel is not getting into the Crankcase.
Remove spark plugs and turn it over a few times.
You may have the wrong dipstick, but fill it slowly until it indicates FULL and drive it!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Most engines the oil level is just below the crankcase gasket so they don't leak while sitting .
So pull the dipstick and have a look where the full line is .
On some Hondas with the diagonal sump gasket the correct oil level is just below the O ring on the dipstick tube

Lawn Addict
Threads
On my drain pans, I have marks & amounts marked on them, so I measure how much I get outta my Z for example, No guess work.

Bange

Threads
Jagger2002
My "suggestion" is that due to the fact that you did not fill the filter before, it accumulated air and the oil did not enter it, that is, the extra volume that you are seeing on the dipstick is what did not enter the filter.
I don't know why you lost the oil ... didn't you rescue it correctly?
I suggest redoing the entire procedure, but level the cutter after the drain, replace the plug, fill the filter and install it ... in fact when removing the filter, check for any obstruction that prevents the oil from entering.
After installing the filter, do not delay to replace the oil.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
WITH filter, 46-48 ounces per your engine manual.
briggs.png