oil dtain plug

mack daddy

Forum Newbie
Threads
does anyone know thread size of oil drain plug 420cc mower engine must put ext. to get past mower deck,to messy. thanks in advance mack daddy newbie

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have no idea who makes that engine for that Craftsman. I tied to find out from Sears but they first told me Craftsman and then MTD. So they don't know themselves???. So what brand engine do you have in your mower?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Take the plug out and go to the store and match it up with a peace of pipe and a cap.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Take the plug out and go to the store and match it up with a peace of pipe and a cap.

It might be a Chinese engine making the size odd. Just might be a hard thing to find?? Good idea, take to a hardware and match it up if you can. I am going through this with a Chinese bearing which I can't find. Bearing number 6204 which is MM with a 5/8 SAE bore.

gfp55

Threads
does anyone know thread size of oil drain plug 420cc mower engine must put ext. to get past mower deck,to messy. thanks in advance mack daddy newbie
Maybe you could post the model number off the engine and maybe a picture or two to see what you mean.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
It might be a Chinese engine making the size odd. Just might be a hard thing to find?? Good idea, take to a hardware and match it up if you can. I am going through this with a Chinese bearing which I can't find. Bearing number 6204 which is MM with a 5/8 SAE bore.

Is this it

6204 2RS-5/8" Double Sealed Bearing 5/8" x 47mm x 14mm

image-3419905022.jpg

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Is this it

6204 2RS-5/8" Double Sealed Bearing 5/8" x 47mm x 14mm

View attachment 22312

That is the bearing and number, yes. But for some reason no one seems to have it. Today I will be checking with the local motor shop. I know I will find them if I keep looking. We have some bearing dealers in the city near where I live but what do you charge the customer to spend a haft a day or hours looking and going after bearings. This is the reason I want to get out of the repair business but I have a problem with the word no. I will be ordering off the web if all else fails.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I am lucky when it comes to bearings.
I live 10 mins from dalton bearing company.