Not to start an argument.....

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
20240723-173317.jpg

Did a test recently. I have a 5 gallon can that is appropriately dosed with StarTron.
Which is in the jar on the right.
Jar on the left is straight pump gas.
Both jars filled filled up to 1 cup mark, and I added a eye droppers worth of water, so each jar has the exact same amount of water in it, stirred both jars after adding water, set for 1 hour. Phase separation has occurred on the left, on the right.. I see no phase seperation...which is one of start trons claims, it changes the surface tension between the water and fuel.. My next test is to put the startron/fuel/water mix into 4 cycle blower that I occasionally use and see if it will actually Run it...

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well. Somebody's gotta do it.

Internet expert here. You are doing it wrong. Not sure what it is but I am sure it's wrong. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Craftsman Garage

Threads
20240723-173317.jpg

Did a test recently. I have a 5 gallon can that is appropriately dosed with StarTron.
Both jars filled filled up to 1 cup mark, and I added a eye droppers worth of water, so each jar has the exact same amount of water in it, stirred both jars after adding water, set for 1 hour. Phase separation has occurred on the left, on the right.. I see no phase seperation...which is one of start trons claims, it changes the surface tension between the water and fuel.. My next test is to put the startron/fuel/water mix into 4 cycle blower that I occasionally use and see if it will actually Run it...
Interesting experiment... I'm not sure that I would use StarTron because if water got in the gas tank and you couldn't tell because there's no separation... diagnosing a no-start would be a heck of a lot harder. I run seafoam usually and I've never had a problem with any ethanol buildup or clogging since!

Craftsman Garage

Threads
Well. Somebody's gotta do it.

Internet expert here. You are doing it wrong. Not sure what it is but I am sure it's wrong. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
I have never even thought about intentionally ruining my precious $4.00/gal gas with water. That is what is wrong, but I guess someone had to take one for the team.(y)

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have lawnboy S21ZPM that is 30+ years old. It is a trim mower now so it only sees a few tanks of gas a year. At the end of the season I turn off the gas valve and run the cab dry. In the spring I turn the valve on and star the mower. Gas in it could be 6 to 8 months old and has oil in it. Mower starts every year. I park my 36HP ferris Z and put a battery tender on it for the winter and do nothing with the E10 regular fuel. Never have a problem starting in the spring. I buy gas 35 gallons at a time in 5 gallon cans. Have had a few get lost in the shuffle and sit for over a year in the barn. Put it in equipment and it ran fine.
When folks bring stuff to the shop and the carb is a snotty mess and the say it only sat for a couple months it is a little hard to believe.

I have also seen an old vented metal 5 gal can set in a humid summer and collect enough water in a few days that it filled a large float bowl on a tractor with water .

FlyboyTR

Forum Newbie
Threads
20240723-173317.jpg

I have been a fan of Startron for over 15 years. I use it in almost every thing I own that has an engine, gas or diesel. We had people in our fishing club that were using Stabil in their fuel with generally fewer problems than those that used nothing. Many of our 200+ members in our fishing club were frequently having fuel related problems...that is what led me to call StarBright. I ended up speaking with the VP of the company and we spoke for almost an hour. After that I did some testing on some old equipment that had gummed up carbs from sitting a LONG time without use. Needless to say I was impressed enough (after a week of testing) that I endorsed the product to our fishing club. After that...fuel issues pretty much became a subject of the past.

That said... All of this is just my opinion but based on facts based upon my personal experience with the product. I am often amazed that people that have no actual hands on experience with a product can become an expert (for or against...doesn't matter). I do most of all my mechanical work on our airplane, motorhome, vehicles, boats and yard equipment...so I have a pretty good knowledge base to work from. Just like the OP, I have done the water/fuel test and the water basically just mixed with the gas. So after all these years, I remain positive about the benefits of Startron. Thanks!

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I have never even thought about intentionally ruining my precious $4.00/gal gas with water. That is what is wrong, but I guess someone had to take one for the team.(y)
$2.99 where I'm at.. not bad but it could be cheaper 🤣

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Interesting experiment... I'm not sure that I would use StarTron because if water got in the gas tank and you couldn't tell because there's no separation... diagnosing a no-start would be a heck of a lot harder. I run seafoam usually and I've never had a problem with any ethanol buildup or clogging since!
Start Stron is supposed to make it where the water will burn out with the fuel.... I'm going to test that next to see if this gas will actually run and see if I notice a performance decrease.