Non-stick for under deck of mower?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
What every one seems to be overlooking it that a desk is basically a sand blasting booth so any coating that is applied will fairly quickly the blasted off by dirt dust & sand in the clippings.
When you bake a cake, you grease the pan every time you put the mix in
A commercial bakery that makes bread never washed the loaf pans but again oils them every time they put dough in
Nothing that is applied to a deck will last more than a couple of mows at best .
If your deck is constantly building up to the point of not cutting properly then there is a problem with your mowing or you simply have the wrong deck & blade combination for your grass .
Because the buying public is cheap mower companies stopped making dedicated decks for throwing bagging & mulching and replaced them with "UNIVERSAL" decks.
Universal means mediocre at bagging , mediocre at mulching , mediocre at throwing and this is at best .
Two blade rear discharge decks with counter rotating bladed tend to clog a lot less than any other layout so if clogging is a big problem change the deck .

If you stop to have a think, you are looking for a magic fluid that sill sick to the deck like poo to a blanket but nothing will stick to it .
And it has to be sand blasting proof, the method we use to remove fully vitrious enamel from steel
It ain't going to happen unless you clean the deck perfectly & apply the coating each & every time you mow .

enigma-2

Threads
If you stop to have a think, you are looking for a magic fluid that sill sick to the deck like poo to a blanket but nothing will stick to it .
.... except grass ....

Trig

Threads
Reapply is fine, I'll see how some sort of thin layer of slick film works.
Like I said earlier, the PNW where this is at, the grass is seldom dry.
Many landscape maintenance companies mow even during heavy rain.
Wet mulched grass sticks to the under-deck easily. I am surprised the air
movement under there doesn't blow it off.

Trig

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Oil will slow or prevent rusting of a steel deck, but oil is stick and doubt it would prevent wet grass from sticking.

Nothing really works very well (or everyone would be using it and the manufacturers would recommend it in the owners manual).

Perhaps a paste wax, Caribana is long lasting, may help in preventing grass build up. Clean deck, smear on wax, let dry to film, buff gloss. Should help.
What if you just left it and let the grass buff it off?

Ron3

Threads
If you buy a mower with a good heavy fabricated deck just rake it out by hand every occasionally. And you are good to go. Sort of like my old bush hog. Lol

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Oil will slow or prevent rusting of a steel deck, but oil is stick and doubt it would prevent wet grass from sticking.

Nothing really works very well (or everyone would be using it and the manufacturers would recommend it in the owners manual).

Perhaps a paste wax, Caribana is long lasting, may help in preventing grass build up. Clean deck, smear on wax, let dry to film, buff gloss. Should help.
Waxes last longer if you don't rub them off. Apply and walk away.

bkeller500

Threads
I have tried several coatings over the years like Slip Plate and EZ slide but they never lasted very long. I bought a Mo-jack lift to make scraping the deck easier and faster and that seems to be the better option. With a drill attachment I can lift the mower in a few seconds, scrape it and have it ready for the next mow with very little effort.