No oil change?

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
125 hours = 10 years ?
average 1 hour per mow & 25 mows a year = 5 years
Down here it would b around 35 to 45 mows a year.
The MAC truck has a 10 gallon sump & they recommending changing 1/3 of the oil at each scheduled change
The 40 Hp Internationals have 10 gallon sumps & they recommended changing at least 1/2 the oil with each change .
However to do that you drain the sump completely let it stand overnight then put the fresh oil in and top up with the old oil decanted off the top of the bucket so the solids end up in the removed oil .
I can see how that works with a 10 gallon sump.
Not too sure the same applies to a 450ml sump .
Based on the average consumer usage of 12.5 hours per year. Some will run much longer than that, some an average mow is 30 minutes or less.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Based on the average consumer usage of 12.5 hours per year. Some will run much longer than that, some an average mow is 30 minutes or less.
Yelp that about as long as they can mow without a beer...:LOL:

whitejww

Threads
Lmao, has anyone viewed the YouTube videos of customer states? There are many consumers that don’t change oil in anything they own much less do any maintenance. It funny to watch when they take the car to a repair shop because of a knocking from the engine. When the technician removes the drain plug and a small amount of sludge comes out. Then they usually insert a screwdriver that comes out covered with a tar like substance attached to it ?. I will stick to my regular oil changes/recycling as it is way less expensive than replacing with new equipment ?

clubairth

Threads
I think you guys are right it's just a sign to stop fixing things. Those of us that weld, repair, paint or work with our hands in any way are the enemy. You must stupid and lazy and drink whatever cool aid is presented. But whatever DO NOT ENGAGE YOUR BRAIN!!! Just keep consuming the idiot Facebook/Twitter trash.

Just throw it away and purchase something new thru Amazon. It's all about the junk tech companies that have had zero regulation because they vote left wing. The correct terms are Crony Capitalism and Regulatory Capture. No need to regulate Apple, Microsoft, Google because they already drink the left wing cool aid.

Just don't talk about our real problems? Monopolies from Hell. Why is it bad to have oil company and telephone company monopolies but it's perfectly OK to have software monopolies (Microsoft) and internet monopolies (Google)? In fact these modern day monopolies absolutely dwarf anything from the past like AT&T or Standard Oil.

The continued destruction of small business by Amazon. The worst is the theft of our privacy from Garbage Google. Your privacy is like your virginity. Whether you know it or not all you info is out there because of the junk companies making money on you without your permission. Once it's gone ,it's gone. I love how Garbage Google now has a privacy policy yet their business model SEO is pure theft??

A sad government failure and I am not one to encourage further regulation either!

pls1911

Forum Newbie
Threads
Common sense.... quality lubricants, changed as needed. saves headaches and money.
Yes, current lubricants are much better than those of even the 70's and 80's, but especially in engines which have no oil filtration, an oil change every 20 hours or seasonally should allow your engine decades of trouble free operation. Growing up, we had an OLD 16 horse Briggs pump motor that had MANY MANY hours under load every year. Grandad had us change the oil 4 times a year. As far as I know, it's still running somewhere.
All my small engines (mowers, pressure washer, ATVs, UTV, Cat Skidsteer) purr nicely through Texas heat on Rotella 15-40 T4 or T5 Synthetic.

peteco

Threads
My push mower,Honda clone (OHV) works with 20W50 oil, change every year in april, no problem never, lot of years
There is no oil that maintain properties more than a year after heated.

SamB

Threads
My push mower,Honda clone (OHV) works with 20W50 oil, change every year in april, no problem never, lot of years
There is no oil that maintain properties more than a year after heated.
I change in the Fall at the end of mowing season. I feel it is better to have the engine spend the downtime with new oil,rather than have the old oil settling out over the winter months. Just how I do it, no recommendation to others.

peteco

Threads
I change in the Fall at the end of mowing season. I feel it is better to have the engine spend the downtime with new oil,rather than have the old oil settling out over the winter months. Just how I do it, no recommendation to others.
the same I do!!

VegetiveSteam

Threads

NO MORE OIL CHANGES​

Our XTX Series™ engine never needs an oil change. Just top it off every now and then and you’re good to go.

Kohler engine...???? found this on the Kohler web site. I'm kind of like don't know what to say. Can the Pro's enlighten me?
New trend? Not everyone has caught up to fuel injection yet.
I realize this is a slightly older post but someone pretty much hit the nail on the head. This is a non commercial engine on a non commercial very budget friendly piece of equipment with a life rating of 115 hours. The oil change interval if it had one would have been 100 hours. Considering the engine would likely be worn out in 15 more hours what would be the point of changing the oil? Nothing says you aren't allowed to change it. You can change it every 5 hours if you want to. There is no drain plug which is pretty common these days and the suggested method of draining the old oil on longer life engines similar to this one is to tip the mower so the oil will drain out of the fill tube.