No fuel

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have another problem. Just for the heck of it, I straightened the push rod with a hammer, put it back in, and turned it by hand to see if everything was good. before my eyes, The push rod bent again. it looked like the valve wouldn't go down, this is a twin engine?????.
Valve stuck in the head??

Cooling fins plugged up?

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
You can take a small hammer and smack a valve open on working valves that are not stuck in the guide. Pull the rocker off first.

mikekrawczyk

Threads
You can take a small hammer and smack a valve open on working valves that are not stuck in the guide. Pull the rocker off first.
I will give it a whack,and let you know what happens

Red Good

Threads
Make sure the piston is down the cylinder before you hit it . No point doing more damage .

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
You should be able to push the valve open with your fingers or say a broom stick. Those springs are not very stiff.

Threads
1) I agree that it's probably not a fuel/carb problem, but make sure the choke is open to make sure enough choke cleaner/starter fluid is getting through the carb.
2) How are you checking for spark? I wouldn't just trust a spark checker. From my experience, the problem is rarely the spark plug(s), but sometimes.....it is as simple as the spark plug.
3) Does it have compression on both sides? Are the the connecting rods broken? Or is a valve seat dislodged?
4) I've never seen a flywheel key sheered on a lawn tractor/zero turn.
5) I've seen very odd things caused by malfunctioning ignition switches.
6) Charge the battery or jump it. It might be just cranking too slow.

Threads
Could be an intake push rod as well. It may not be firing because no fuel is getting into the cylinder. You need to remove the rocker (valve) covers.