No fuel

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The pistons are moving, not sure about the valves. How would I check that?
Remove the valve covers and then turn the engine by hand and watch for the valves to open and close. Easier with the spark plugs removed.

mikekrawczyk

Threads
Remove the valve covers and then turn the engine by hand and watch for the valves to open and close. Easier with the spark plugs removed.
Sounds good. I read somewhere you can use air to check if the valve is open. Is that true? Thank you for the advice.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Sounds good. I read somewhere you can use air to check if the valve is open. Is that true? Thank you for the advice.
That is the basis of a leakdown test. But I will emphasis that be very careful about injecting air on top of the piston because a little bit of air pressure will result in a whole lot of push on the piston resulting in a violently turning flywheel. Example 20 psi of air pressure on top of a 4 inch piston is roughly 240 pounds of downforce

mikekrawczyk

Threads
That is the basis of a leakdown test. But I will emphasis that be very careful about injecting air on top of the piston because a little bit of air pressure will result in a whole lot of push on the piston resulting in a violently turning flywheel. Example 20 psi of air pressure on top of a 4 inch piston is roughly 240 pounds of downforce
Thank you.

mikekrawczyk

Threads
I did a leak test on it, air was leaking through the exhaust. Then I took off the valve cover and found this!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    723.7 KB · Views: 6

mikekrawczyk

Threads
again thank you, guys! Here is a pic of my homemade leak tester, Maybe someone can make one for themselves.

Attachments

• IMG_20240902_140238958.jpg
    IMG_20240902_140238958.jpg
    552.9 KB · Views: 5

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Make sure you are at TDC or another place where the valves are purposely closed doing a leak down. Just saying....... Like valve adjustments checks and being on TDC. There are 2 TDC strokes in a 4 smoke engine.

mikekrawczyk

Threads
I have another problem. Just for the heck of it, I straightened the push rod with a hammer, put it back in, and turned it by hand to see if everything was good. before my eyes, The push rod bent again. it looked like the valve wouldn't go down, this is a twin engine?????.