No crank or spark

navydad2022

Threads
Yes, jumped started the starter and cranks to start,At first l didn't have spark at plug, my thoughts are that it could be the switch not letting spark to starter and is grounding out.l test check the solenoid and it engages or clicks .also l think you or probably right on safety switch not letting it spark.Thank you
Also starter has 12.89 volts at the stud

shadetree#1

Threads
Post up the Make, model, type of the engine on your snapper RER and maybe we can tell you how to disconnect the magneto kill wire for a spark test. Remove all the spark plug wires to look for spark and to make sure the engine does not start/run BEFORE you disconnect the magneto kill wire,

This test will maybe indicate whether you have a bad magneto or a external ground on the kill wire. (like a safety switch indicating that the mower is in gear or the PTO en-gauged

navydad2022

Threads
Post up the Make, model, type of the engine on your snapper RER and maybe we can tell you how to disconnect the magneto kill wire for a spark test. Remove all the spark plug wires to look for spark and to make sure the engine does not start/run BEFORE you disconnect the magneto kill wire,

This test will maybe indicate whether you have a bad magneto or a external ground on the kill wire. (like a safety switch indicating that the mower is in gear or the PTO en-gauged

Briggs and Stratton 21A907-0124-E1 Engine and mower is​

Briggs and Stratton 21A907-0124-E1 Engine and my mower is snapper 281223BVE​

shadetree#1

Threads
read post #13 and report results of the test with the kill wire disconnected.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That shows you have an electrical fault which is grounding the kill wire ( grounded = stop , open circuit = go )

navydad2022

Threads
That shows you have an electrical fault which is grounding the kill wire ( grounded = stop , open circuit = go )
I did a little testing today,checked the ignition switch and the solenoid and it tested good and still no cranking.The starter doesn't turn over .Is there a way to test the starter to make sure it's good.

navydad2022

Threads
I did a little testing today,checked the ignition switch and the solenoid and it tested good and still no cranking.The starter doesn't turn over .Is there a way to test the starter to make sure it's good.
I'm thinking it's a grounding short.what would keep the engine from cranking (solenoid).l energized the solenoid and checked the post for continuity and it toned out checking contact from post to post while energized.

navydad2022

Threads
Are you saying that the engine cranks over fast with your new battery but the spark plug is not producing a spark when looking at the spark plug with it removed from the cylinder or ???????????????

Or it's not cranking over fast with your new battery but cranks over fast using the jumper cables connected to the starter???

Give us a clue?
Engine was cranking over with the spark plug out but no spark

navydad2022

Threads
Engine was cranking over with the spark plug out but no spark
Was cranking before,now l get nothing.checked for current at solenoid 12.79 .shadetree#1 . I'm puzzled on this.l have 12.69 at solenoid.