New mower with specific requirement

Bobbo

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a very steep ditch, about 5 feet deep and 75 feet long that I need to mow. I am looking for a self propelled mower with a VERY low center of gravity so it will stay on its wheels. My current mower (I owned before buying this house) has such a high center of gravity that I can't hold it on its wheels just sitting on that slope.

Thank you,

Bobbo

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
What is above this ditch, and about what slope is it ?

Black Bart

Threads
I have a very steep ditch, about 5 feet deep and 75 feet long that I need to mow. I am looking for a self propelled mower with a VERY low center of gravity so it will stay on its wheels. My current mower (I owned before buying this house) has such a high center of gravity that I can't hold it on its wheels just sitting on that slope.

Thank you,

Bobbo

Install 75 feet of culvert pipe and cover it with dirt sow grass seed. Problem solved. :biggrin:

Bobbo

Forum Newbie
Threads
It just has lawn above it on both sides. It is about 45 degrees. It is STEEP.

Last year I told the wife I was going to put in culvert and fill with dirt! I still may.

benski

Threads
Although a one-time pain to do, that might be the best thing to do in the long run, as well as making your yard more useable and safer as well.:thumbsup: