New Lawn Tractor

Bdk437

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just bought at Lowes a new 48 inch Husky lawn tractor. One front wheel has a wobble more than the other. Lowes wants me to bring the mower back and get a new one... Is this kind of normal? Seems like the wheel might be bent.

Threads
Just bought at Lowes a new 48 inch Husky lawn tractor. One front wheel has a wobble more than the other. Lowes wants me to bring the mower back and get a new one... Is this kind of normal? Seems like the wheel might be bent.

If you want to keep the mower you have just make them give you a new wheel. Its either a bent wheel from shipping, or a bad wheel bushing.

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
Tell them to swap bad wheel from a mower on floor.

Bdk437

Forum Newbie
Threads
If you want to keep the mower you have just make them give you a new wheel. Its either a bent wheel from shipping, or a bad wheel bushing.

Of course I asked about a replacement wheel but they said you have 2 choices. Send my new mower to Husky via through them or come and get a new one. They will not replace just the wheel. Kind of a funny way to do business but they don't care. They are like Walmart. They will just ship back the returns.

Threads
Of course I asked about a replacement wheel but they said you have 2 choices. Send my new mower to Husky via through them or come and get a new one. They will not replace just the wheel. Kind of a funny way to do business but they don't care. They are like Walmart. They will just ship back the returns.

If they have he same identical mower just make them deliver you a new one. I would make them deliver it because its not your fault something is wrong with it.

Bdk437

Forum Newbie
Threads
I went back to Lowes and they gave me a new one. Got it home and this one is worse. Seems like electrical issues. You put the mower deck down and the engine shuts down. The engine sputters too. Im done with Husqavarna. Lowes said they would deliver another but Im just taking it back and trying Cub Cadet. The reviews are much better. 90% of the CC owners gave it 5 stars. Husq and John Deere did not even come close.
I will try to get Lowes to pay for some gas.

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
I went back to Lowes and they gave me a new one. Got it home and this one is worse. Seems like electrical issues. You put the mower deck down and the engine shuts down. The engine sputters too. Im done with Husqavarna. Lowes said they would deliver another but Im just taking it back and trying Cub Cadet. The reviews are much better. 90% of the CC owners gave it 5 stars. Husq and John Deere did not even come close.
I will try to get Lowes to pay for some gas.

The wheels on the Cub Cadets are made of plastic. They mark up easy when changing tires. FYI for reference if have to replace a tire yourself.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
You can try but I will bet they wouldn't pay for any gas, How bad did the wheel wobble? I am going to think its a slow speed wheel design and a little bit of wobble might be normal. Now I did say a small amount. Lowes wouldn't have any service or repairs so its easier for them just to give you your money back. If you want service go to a dealer, but be prepared to pay for it.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
The wheels on the Cub Cadets are made of plastic. They mark up easy when changing tires. FYI for reference if have to replace a tire yourself.

Have never seen a plastic wheel on a riding mower.

Go with the cub cadet very well built tractor. I love mine Try and get it from a dealer

Bdk437

Forum Newbie
Threads
Went to Lowes and tried one more 22V46. They of course said they dont have these issues. Tested before I left and the third one seems OK so far. Have not used it yet but we will see.