New John Deere electric zero turn mower

• Thread starter Deleted member 97405
  • Start date

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It also shows how MTD is going to trash the Dewalt brand in order to extract a higher price for vastly inferiour products.
Remember this was a display model which would have been carefully checked at the factory to have zero manufacturing faults.
Just imagine what the general production models will be like ?
Amazing it did not make the news down here.
It is funny that I can only remember 2 Li fires being reported on the news here
One was the grid battery fire in Melbourne and the other the grid battery fire in California .
Both of those went viral so they had to be reported on.
Just about all of the media down here have been drinking from the Li punch bowl and spruke Li power at every oppertunity .
It will be a case of the cure being worse than the disease
Imagine that happening inside your garage / shed while you & your family are asleep .

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ladies and gentlemen, introducing the new Zippo electric ZTR mower. Guaranteed to light first time every time and the flame is windproof.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
So deere is basically saying that the mower will go to the scrap yard in 2-5 years.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
So deere is basically saying that the mower will go to the scrap yard in 2-5 years.
I wonder what replacing the battery will cost.
Some battery warranties are prorated after a certain amount of time. I wonder what green will do. Hopefully 100% covered.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I wonder what replacing the battery will cost.
Some battery warranties are prorated after a certain amount of time. I wonder what green will do. Hopefully 100% covered.
I was looking at the 5 year 200 hr warranty for the battery in the posted screenshot. So that would be 40 hr/yr and with battery technology will that battery be available for replacement after it fails. or if it fails under warranty will Deere just buy back the mower or give a credit toward a new mower.. Or will it be like that 2014 ford escape in Florida with the bad battery that is NLA, or would cost more than the vehicle is worth to replace the battery.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Big green has always been good about parts support so the battery should be available as long as the vendor still makes them. The issue will be the cost. The Stihl AR3000 backpack battery is around $1K. I would assume the mower battery will be in the $2K-4K range. Even best case and say the battery lasts 7 years it is kind of like buying a $6K residential gas mower and telling the customer at 7 years, if not sooner, you will have to replace the engine for something like $2K-4K. I am sure they will sell, especially in california and will be a successful product for big green.

RayMcD

Threads
simple, the larges pile of Green Junk around.............

Lawn Addict
Threads
I hope to keep my gas burners forever. But I'm an old fart, so that may not be really long. LOL

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
I hope to keep my gas burners forever. But I'm an old fart, so that may not be really long. LOL
Obviously I am an internal combustion engine guy, don’t like batteries except in cell phones and hand tools. Everything is a big push for electric vehicles, mowers etc. now. Watch the TV commercials and internet ads. Anyway, here is an example of cost. A Greenworks (commercial zero turn) is $15,000 grand, the batteries cost $8,000 grand to replace and supposedly last 5 years (don’t believe they will last that long). You can buy a good mid grade zero turn for $8,000 grand. Batteries will never work for many things, just give it time.