New Ignition Coils

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello. The coils I bought replaced #691060 (which is what I had in my mower originally). Sears numbers for replacement are: 592846. I bought them from a reputable dealer on Ebay. ...I just went out and started her up....in turning her off, she turned off, but not instantly...took about 3 seconds...no backfiring. I tried it again and she shut off the same way. Should I worry? She runs and cuts great. Pochie

I don't see it has a problem, has long has you can kill the engine, keep an eye on it, I still say key switch...! try slowing the engine right down before to you turn it off.

Nwatson99

Threads
Hello. The coils I bought replaced #691060 (which is what I had in my mower originally). Sears numbers for replacement are: 592846. I bought them from a reputable dealer on Ebay. ...I just went out and started her up....in turning her off, she turned off, but not instantly...took about 3 seconds...no backfiring. I tried it again and she shut off the same way. Should I worry? She runs and cuts great. Pochie

Filters, blades, light kits you can get from the e-bay, but do not buy electrical components "especially ones that plays in part of your machinery running" for your machines from e-bay, go to where you bought it and get the proper components.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Filters, blades, light kits you can get from the e-bay, but do not buy electrical components "especially ones that plays in part of your machinery running" for your machines from e-bay, go to where you bought it and get the proper components.

It isn't E-bay its the person who puts the *&^% on E-bay, you can buy lots of original parts there, and then you go and say, not buy from there, yet you say its alright to buy "filters, blades, light kits, thought these was also part of the running of the machine are they not..? odd, very odd.

Nwatson99

Threads
It isn't E-bay its the person who puts the *&^% on E-bay, you can buy lots of original parts there, and then you go and say, not buy from there, yet you say its alright to buy "filters, blades, light kits, thought these was also part of the running of the machine are they not..? odd, very odd.

It is hard to mess up filters and blades when they are part number specific written on the box isn't it?
Some of the sellers on e-bay do not know **** from shinola, so why would you endorse anyone buying an electrical component for their engines on e-bay and not the perspective dealers.
Seems this instance has really turned out bad for Pochie.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
It is hard to mess up filters and blades when they are part number specific written on the box isn't it?
Some of the sellers on e-bay do not know **** from shinola, so why would you endorse anyone buying an electrical component for their engines on e-bay and not the perspective dealers.
Seems this instance has really turned out bad for Pochie.

I am not "endorse anyone" to buy from that site, it was you who said not to buy from them.

Nwatson99

Threads
I am not "endorse anyone" to buy from that site, it was you who said not to buy from them.

Yes I did say not to buy from ebay as a whole, especially with the electrical components such as coils, sending units, plugs, wiring, etc.
So why are we having this conversation? Why are you confused and try to tear apart two sentences I made?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
When you buy a coil from a online parts supplier on eBay you get the same part as you would from the dealer you got the mower from.

I went to a snapper dealer to get two drive belts they wanted $79.95 per belt. I got them on eBay for $60.00 for both. Same part number same belt made by the same company by the same people.
Same thing with carbs,coils, starters

Nwatson99

Threads
When you buy a coil from a online parts supplier on eBay you get the same part as you would from the dealer you got the mower from.

I went to a snapper dealer to get two drive belts they wanted $79.95 per belt. I got them on eBay for $60.00 for both. Same part number same belt made by the same company by the same people.
Same thing with carbs,coils, starters

No you are wrong, you do not get the same identical part most of the time especially on ebay you get the hong kong special or non OEM and said online part from ebay always works doesn't it??
The OP on this topic bought from ebay and his machine is not working properly now so what do you think is the problem?

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
No you are wrong, you do not get the same identical part most of the time especially on ebay you get the hong kong special or non OEM and said online part from ebay always works doesn't it??
The OP on this topic bought from ebay and his machine is not working properly now so what do you think is the problem?

Read post 9 it is working with him, the problem it seems to be taking longer to stop, and who is saying that the parts are HongKong special's...! and there's many engines out there running on aftermarket parts.