New Equipment

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Man, that is a lot of stuff:laughing:

Is it a lot of stuff? not really. I've always been prepared for most everything that could come up, I believe in back up equipment not down time because down time can cause loss of money and clients so having two of everything on your trailer can keep you and your clients in business.

bjc

Threads
That is smart, how many crew members and do you have multiple teams??:smile:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
That is smart, how many crew members and do you have multiple teams??:smile:

No Crew members. No Multiple Teams. I guess I'm what you call a family Business, it's just the wife, son and me. I have 70 clients that we do weekly and do not want anymore right now although I don't turn anyone down if there on the route I'm running at the time I'll just work them in.
Remember When you start talking Crews you're talking additional equipment cost, additional Insurance and workman's compensation cost then payroll. It's all called overhead and it's something you want to stay away from if at all possible. I've seen overhead kill more than one business.

bjc

Threads
That is also smart, your wife helps too?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I work my wife my son and my brother inlaw that way I don't need workers comp.
Any one else that does any work for me is paid as a sub contractor.
This week I carry a snapper might change next week as I don't like it.
All my trimmers and blowers are echo all but the one green weedeater from Walmart that my wife loves

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

bjc

Threads
Cool, I like the aspect of your business

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
The company i work for which i am crew leader/foreman uses echo for all small equipment my trailer has one handheld one backpack blower one weedeater and one stick edger. Our mowers are 2 21'' toro prolines and one scag 36 advantage with one wheel sulky wheel

Personally i dont really like using bigger mowers so i havent bought one i just have a murray lawn tractor non Zturn with bagger that i use on one lawn per week i have a proline my self and love it i would prefer how the lines look with the proline especially on really big lawns cut it low and straight beautiful, Thats my personal business

bjc

Threads
What kind of equipment on the blowers and weedeaters:cool: