New Echo oil...red armor

metz12

Threads
I picked up the owner's manual for my PE-225 edger today, and with it came the PowerBlend oil, so I guess they still stand behind it since they didn't give us the new stuff. They are probably trying to use up all the PowerBlend before they go into the Red Armor.

I just bought some red armor stuff because that is the only name brand stuff that home depot had, it was short notice and my buddy and i needed alot of gas to finish a job by the end of the day(cutting wood) and the stuff was great, the saws didnt smoke, and mine (homelite super 2 made in 1986) didnt smoke at all!! and neither did my friends poulan 520. i like it, but i normally buy a gallon of penzoil and just measure the right amount of oil to gas.

Threads
I just bought some red armor stuff because that is the only name brand stuff that home depot had, it was short notice and my buddy and i needed alot of gas to finish a job by the end of the day(cutting wood) and the stuff was great, the saws didnt smoke, and mine (homelite super 2 made in 1986) didnt smoke at all!! and neither did my friends poulan 520. i like it, but i normally buy a gallon of penzoil and just measure the right amount of oil to gas.

I stumbled upon this thread: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?p=3924608. Apparently he doesn't like the Red Armor oil.

Threads
the guy said something about 70:1 ratio, i have never even heard of that blend! there are no measurements on the oil either for that. what would you run with that much gas in a 2cycle engine

Maybe it's actually like a 3-cycle engine:laughing:.....not all gas (4-cycle), but not a 50:1 ratio (2-cycle). :laughing::laughing: JUST KIDDING. Yeah I have not heard of anything that's 70:1. :confused3:

metz12

Threads
Maybe it's actually like a 3-cycle engine:laughing:.....not all gas (4-cycle), but not a 50:1 ratio (2-cycle). :laughing::laughing: JUST KIDDING. Yeah I have not heard of anything that's 70:1. :confused3:

most definatly 3 cycle :laughing:

MowerMike

Threads
Maybe it's used in one of these.

Wankel_Cycle_anim_en.gif

Threads
For anyone who doesn't know what the bottles of oil look like, here are some pictures of the PowerBlend oil and RedArmor oil.
echo powerblend oil.gif echo red armor oil.png

And now as I am looking at the pictures, I know the new oil is called RED Armor, but the color scheme fits Shindaiwa more than Echo.

D2hornets58

Threads
So do they not make the power blend any more? Thats what i usually use but i haven't bought any in a while so I don't know if they still have it.

Threads
So do they not make the power blend any more? Thats what i usually use but i haven't bought any in a while so I don't know if they still have it.

Well I don't know because as I said in a previous post I got the manual for my edger yesterday and with it was a bottle of PowerBlend oil. I don't know if they are still making it, or if the dealer is just trying to get rid of the last of it so they can switch over to RedArmor...I don't know.