New clients

Threads
I'm looking for some ways of attracting new clients for the up coming season besides flyers and signs what else can I do! And how early is too early to start I live in buffalo so were in the middle of winter right now but it's time to start preparing for next season. And what else can I do to make myself ready for the upcoming season!?

Threads
I'm looking for some ways of attracting new clients for the up coming season besides flyers and signs what else can I do! And how early is too early to start I live in buffalo so were in the middle of winter right now but it's time to start preparing for next season. And what else can I do to make myself ready for the upcoming season!?

OK...to start off, I use yard signs. Also, use your truck/trailer as a billboard. You have more advertising space if you have an enclosed trailer. As for when to start, I usually start mowing around April 1st (started 3/25 last year, but it was a warm winter). I usually hand out flyers in early March, but I always have my yard sign up so people don't just hear about me 2 weeks before the mowing season. And for what you can do to prepare, I would say GET ORGANIZED. If you want, purchase some billing software or something to bill your clients (see a software post here: http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/commercial-residential-lawn-mowing/10127-lawn-care-software.html).

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
One other way is let your clients get you new clients there friends coworkers and family make a deal that they get on free grass cut for every 2 new clients they get you.
Have never done this but know of guys that have good luck with it.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads

I started up my lawn service in South Alabama last August. My reasoning for starting up that late in the season instead of waiting till this coming Spring was that I could go ahead and get my name out there for this year.

I picked up the majority of my work through Facebook. I exceeded my expectations for customers by doing so. I will hit it hard this year as well. Also down here in our area there are shopper papers that will let you have a small ad free. I use that as well and I picked up some work that way. Hope that helps.

Threads
I recently saw a video by "The lawn care millionaire" on youtube. He recommended marketing when / where there is a need. So obviously with snow on the ground there is no need for my mowing service. Most people aren't even thinking about mowing! So I market other services I offer to get my name out there. It's working really well for us. But in just a few days its gonna be MARCH! :smile:

Threads
I recently saw a video by "The lawn care millionaire" on youtube. He recommended marketing when / where there is a need. So obviously with snow on the ground there is no need for my mowing service. Most people aren't even thinking about mowing! So I market other services I offer to get my name out there. It's working really well for us. But in just a few days its gonna be MARCH! :smile:

Yeah I can't believe winter is almost over. But before I start mowing I have to do this job, and it takes a LONG time! http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/lawn-care-landscaping/13303-picking-up-sticks.html
sticks.jpg And that is only half of the total pile! :shocked:

Threads
Threads
agrrr! I was showing that pic to my wife earlier. It got me to thinking what would I do if I had a job like that? STILL THINKN' :eek:

Yeah there is not much equipment that will make it easier. Like with mowing, you can always get a wider/faster mower, but with this, you can't do much except use a rake! :confused2: