New 2020 Conquest mower deck leveling

KTM250

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,

New to the forum/site, and to get to my question.

I just had a 2020 simplicity Conquest 52 inch delivered today.
However the back of the deck is a fair amount higher up than the front and the left side (when sitting on mower) is higher than the right.
I can get exact measurements in a bit once kids are in bed.
First noticed when the rollers were not touching the ground/grass. And the cut was way off only did a short out and back then stopped.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Decks get shunted around during delivery and tyres are over inflated .
So start by adjusting the pressure in the tyres then adjust the deck as pre the instructions in the owners manual .

KTM250

Forum Newbie
Threads
Decks get shunted around during delivery and tyres are over inflated .
So start by adjusting the pressure in the tyres then adjust the deck as pre the instructions in the owners manual .
It was delivered with out a manual (they are ordering one) and with out a key. The delivery guy gave me his until that comes in as well.

What are the tires correct pressures? I’m sure it’d be in the owners manual as well, which I don’t yet have.

Deck heights

Left rear: 3 12/16 (3/4)
Right rear: 3 3/16

Left front: 3
Right front: 2 8/16 (1/2)

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Owners manuals , parts manuals & service manuals are all available on line from Simplicity
Fronts are generally 15 to 20 psi & rears are usually 10 to 15 psi
Blades height ( not necessarily the deck ) should be the same left right and 1/4 to 1/2" lower at the front.
Instructions are in the owners manual

Last edited:

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
When the blades are aligned parallel with the front to back axis of the mower, the front of the blade should be lower than the rear. Your manual, when you get it, should tell you how much.

The blades should be the same when checked left to right.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I would set the tire pressure at 15 psi front and 10 psi in the rear. Second I would be looking for a new dealer i(unless you purchased it from a bib box store) as soon as possible. Delivery of a mower with no key and manual shows me someone is more concerned about money than customer service. Not leveling the deck is something that would have been done by any good dealership. It’s not in the operators manual and if you need instructions we will be able to give you some.

wekjo

Threads
Hello,

New to the forum/site, and to get to my question.

I just had a 2020 simplicity Conquest 52 inch delivered today.
However the back of the deck is a fair amount higher up than the front and the left side (when sitting on mower) is higher than the right.
I can get exact measurements in a bit once kids are in bed.
First noticed when the rollers were not touching the ground/grass. And the cut was way off only did a short out and back then stopped.
If you bought it new you should have a manual. And deck should have been adjusted for you. Simplicity roller in back follows the ground front rollers are anti scalp and touch ground only to keep blades out of ground. I have never seen a simplicity in a box store.

KTM250

Forum Newbie
Threads
This was bought from a simplicity dealer they also sell farm tractors. Not from a box store. In the grand scheme my $8k is nothing compared to the tractors they sell (bought some extra with it too).
With that said yes the customer service is nonexistent. I have left multiple messages with a live person and on a their voice messaging system, never once got a call back. I just have to keep calling until I get someone. Would love to talk to their simplicity sales rep and pass on the story.
They picked it back up last week to fix the laundry list of issues (subset: stalls out easy, tire pressure on from was ~40lbs, rear was ~35lbs, low on oil, rust everywhere on bolts, cruse control looked like a dog gnawed on it, etc.) and the parking brake also stopped working. Found out the story is it is a ‘new’ 2020 that sat out in all conditions for over a year til it was sold to me as brand new just in from the dealer. The sales rep I worked with is no longer at that store they moved him, I heard from the guy who picked up my unit that he had a lot of customer related issues. Through I have had the same subpar experiences from all sales reps and mechanics that I’ve had the pleasure of calling back until they made the mistake of answering.
In theory I should be getting it back early next week after they ‘fix’ everything. Confidence level is not high.
I was super exited about buying this machine now im just nervous as to what else may go wrong. Bought this to last years and enjoy.
I’ll post back to what I get back. I’m at the point where if I find any issue when it’s back I’ll have them just pick it up and refund me - guessing that will be a battle too. Currently has 1.2 hours on it.

oh and still no manual nor keys. Just the dealer keys they use to move any of the simplicity mowers around the lot. Was told the day after it was first delivered they would have the manual and my keys out to me. Id be in a world of hurt if I held my breath on that one.

Last edited:

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I wouldn't of bought it with no key and manual. Sounds like some factory second close out shutting the doors going out of biz returned slash on sale mower to me. And for that price it better have a whiskey bar on it.

slomo