Need to cut but the rain is cold on my neck!

BHLC

Well-Known Member
Guess I'm going to have some office time this afternoon...
 

Attachments

  • image-3221000758.jpg
    image-3221000758.jpg
    569.2 KB · Views: 57
I just got home.:laughing:

Was driving my lawn tractor to the compost pile when it started downpouring. Came home soaking wet:laughing::laughing:
 
This pic was just the pre soak! It came down in bucket fulls about a minute later! Hopefully tomorrow will give a reprieve.
 
So I wanted to get some lawns mowed today before Memorial Day. I looked at the radar and there were some showers but it looked like they were going to stay off to the southeast. Well, the part I saw did but more formed when I had just started mowing and after maybe 10 minutes it started to rain. Not heavy at first, but then it got to a torrential downpour. I finally decided to stop mowing, and I put my equipment under the person's sheltered front porch. I waited the storm out, but I couldn't wait the whole time so I got a towel and put it over my weedwacker's engine, then ran it home...then did the same with my blower....and then when I brought my mower home the rain had stopped, the sun was out, and it was muggy. I hope to finish the other 95% of the lawn this evening. When it was all said and done, my clothes were SO wet that they just hung on me, but I didn't care. It actually felt good. We needed the rain...I just wish it would do it in the evening/overnight! :rolleyes:

DSCN6902.jpg DSCN6932.jpg
 
So I wanted to get some lawns mowed today before Memorial Day. I looked at the radar and there were some showers but it looked like they were going to stay off to the southeast. Well, the part I saw did but more formed when I had just started mowing and after maybe 10 minutes it started to rain. Not heavy at first, but then it got to a torrential downpour. I finally decided to stop mowing, and I put my equipment under the person's sheltered front porch. I waited the storm out, but I couldn't wait the whole time so I got a towel and put it over my weedwacker's engine, then ran it home...then did the same with my blower....and then when I brought my mower home the rain had stopped, the sun was out, and it was muggy. I hope to finish the other 95% of the lawn this evening. When it was all said and done, my clothes were SO wet that they just hung on me, but I didn't care. It actually felt good. We needed the rain...I just wish it would do it in the evening/overnight! :rolleyes:

View attachment 14567 View attachment 14568

Can barely see how wet the ground is but I took this when I was down at the compost pile on Wednesday. All my friends were laughing at me when they saw me driving my mower in the rain:laughing:
 

Attachments

  • RAIN.jpg
    RAIN.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 31
Can barely see how wet the ground is but I took this when I was down at the compost pile on Wednesday. All my friends were laughing at me when they saw me driving my mower in the rain:laughing:

Yeah the mower looks soaked...which means you were, also! :laughing:
 
I've got my rain gear that keeps me dry, however my boots, not so much! My Z doesn't do well in puddles either!
 
We had no rain today. But grass was still wet and tall.

Pulled the mower off the trailer at the first yard and found a big pile of grass under the deck from cutting in the rain the past week. Guess it falls off the deck when the trailer bounces down the road. Not a bad day 12 hours and 16 yards.

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))
 
The rain was so torrential that I only got one done today. I have to do 11 cemeteries tomorrow. Hopefully there will be a little break to get them done.
 
Back
Top