Need New B&S 22 HP Engine

John4615

Threads
Pulled the head off and one of the valve heads was cracked and the rim was missing. That is why there was no compression out of the cylinder . Going to replace the valve but need a valve compression tool--Many out there Looking for the name or part number for a mid price tool.

Thanks

John

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Apparently some of the auto parts stores over there do tool hire
OTOH an 8" G clamp a socket for the head side and a piece of galvanised water pipe with some windows cut in it will do the job nicely
Thus all you need to buy would be some bent end tweezers to reach through the window & remove the valve keepers
F clamps are not stiff enough
For years I used a Zyliss clamp to a table vice and some tubes of different lengths

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Have you asked the dealer where you will be buying your parts if he would borrow you one? If you have been using his services over the years, I’ll bet he may be able to help you out.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't have personal experience but this looks like an interesting tool used in karting. There are photos of it in use on the page so you can compare it to your head and how it works. Without seeing your heads from all sides it is hard to tell you what would work. Sometimes the angles and way heads are built it takes special designs to fit around things.

or maybe this one made by Lisle For springs 3/4 inches to 1-1/16 inches . Measure the diameter of your valve retainers.

Last edited:

John4615

Threads
I don't have personal experience but this looks like an interesting tool used in karting. There are photos of it in use on the page so you can compare it to your head and how it works. Without seeing your heads from all sides it is hard to tell you what would work. Sometimes the angles and way heads are built it takes special designs to fit around things.

or maybe this one made by Lisle For springs 3/4 inches to 1-1/16 inches . Measure the diameter of your valve retainers.
Thanks all--will do some shopping