need help to wire a riding lawn mower

Post the model number of the engine you are trying to wire so I can see what stator and charging system setup you have. The module I was talking about would be the ignntion module which is located under the blower cover next to the flywheel. some people refer to it as a coil.

I call it a Kaiser blade, mmmmmnnnn......
 
Post the model number of the engine you are trying to wire so I can see what stator and charging system setup you have. The module I was talking about would be the ignntion module which is located under the blower cover next to the flywheel. some people refer to it as a coil.

the model #cv15s
 
Naw, I was teasing a bit before, but in order to help you at all, we really need to know what you have. Unfortunately, Sears liked their Kohler's with Smartspark, which
confounded everyone, especially the Sear's techs....

So for any of us to even be able to be close to helping you, we would need the model numbers off of the tractor [under seat], and all of the model/spec numbers off of the engine....

And it would require a bit of time to look up what you have, and figure out what you are trying to achieve. So let us start there...... Model numbers.

I know, these guys will say that I don't know what I am doing because I ask for model numbers, that is why I like it here......


itsa cv15s the mower was a craftsman diehard 14.5. i dont have that mower anymore my son put that motor in a craftsman lt1000
 
I have been repairing wiring for years and know what I am doing. It looks to me you a mixing up two different mowers with different wiring harnesses. I would say get the model numbers and find a wiring diagram. You need something to fallow. You would need this also even if you are going to install your own wiring. If you are going to make your own harness either number the wires or get different color wires or you will soon be over your head in problems.
 
Yeah, it would be fairly simple to help you rig up a simple start/run/stop scenario, but we need to know what you have, and the spec numbers off of the tag would tell us.
 
The kohler should have a regulator, if so then those two wires which most likely have flat spade type connectors connect to the outside two prongs on the regulator. The center prong goes to the battery. If no regulator which I don't think I have seen on a Kohler larger type engine. will have a diode in the wiring harness which will look like a bump in the wiring above the connector. The wire with the bump gets wired to the battery, and the other wire can be left disconnected


model is cv15s
 
I have been repairing wiring for years and know what I am doing. It looks to me you a mixing up two different mowers with different wiring harnesses. I would say get the model numbers and find a wiring diagram. You need something to fallow. You would need this also even if you are going to install your own wiring. If you are going to make your own harness either number the wires or get different color wires or you will soon be over your head in problems.

my son took the motor out of a craftsman diehard 14.5 kohler motor . he put that motor in a craftsman lt1000 that had an 18 horse. he took the harness out of the diehard and tried to put it together but couldnt. he took off all the saftys . i followed how i was told but now it cranks with spark but no start. and the stator isnt hooked up
 
Back
Top