Buying Advice Need Advice on Mower/ATV Lift...

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Did you check the oil in the jack and bleed the air out ?

Travis_R

Threads
Did you check the oil in the jack and bleed the air out ?

Yes and even added some 30 wt. motor oil ((and I know this is wrong but it's all I had and thought it might work)). Ended up blowing rubber fill plug out the side of jack and got oil all I've me and the floor.
Anyway, I guess I should have checked the oil before I tried to use it...

Travis_R

Threads
i doubt I would return over bottle. Id just find another bottle jack that will work in its place instead. Like I said mine would be shipped to me. Does it over work bench for it to work on push mowers?
With the 90 day guarantee, I'm just gonna return the bottle jack and get a replacement, or the whole lift if they prefer. Doesn't matter to me. Not buying something else when there's no need.

It does not come with a work 'table', nor is there one you can buy. But I don't think it would take much to make something that would work if one has the materials and ability.

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
I wonder if the Mojack work bench attachment one on the northern tool would work on the HF mower lift?

Travis_R

Threads
After contacting HF, they said I have to bring the whole unit back and exchange it out for a new one or get a refund of my money. I'm just gonna exchange it out because I'm happy with the product.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I wonder if the Mojack work bench attachment one on the northern tool would work on the HF mower lift?

I seriously doubt it, they will be different sizes as well as attaching differently. In fact the work bench doesn't fit all of the Mojack lifts without the sled inserts that comes with it. I believe it only fits the EZ and with the sled inserts the Pro.

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
I seriously doubt it, they will be different sizes as well as attaching differently. In fact the work bench doesn't fit all of the Mojack lifts without the sled inserts that comes with it. I believe it only fits the EZ and with the sled inserts the Pro.

Kinda figured that. Just thought I ask.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Kinda figured that. Just thought I ask.

The Mojacks are all different sized tubular steel and different lifting mechanisms giving them different lifting capacity's. They range for 300Lb up to 750lbs that includes the EZ Max the MJ Series and the XD model Mojack makes for John Deere. Also keep in mind the Work bench has a max load of 200LBS.

Last edited:

Travis_R

Threads
Ok folks, I figured it'd be only right for me to come back and post...

I'm taking the Harbor Freight mower lift back. I think it's well worth the price, FOR THE RATED 300 LB. LIFT CAPACITY. I would for sure buy this lift over any other lift out there with same lift capacity rating. It lifted my 1988 John Deere 160 riding mower all the way up like it was nothing to it. But when it can to my Super Z, that was a different story. It would not lift it all the way up and felt like the bottle jack was straining or something. It never leaked down but I just didn't trust being underneath the lift, exceeding the lift capacity.
I have always tried to be as safe as possible. On the job or off the job. When I'm in a vehicle I wear my seatbelt religiously. So why take a chance being under a mower? There is no difference in my opinion.

After shopping around, I ended up ordering the MoJack Pro online from Home Depot, at a significantly discounted price. Got it today and assembled it. It is way better built than the HF model, but you pay for it too. I could have went with the MoJack XT model and would have been fine, but decided on the Pro because it wasn't that much more money and you get 250 lbs. more lift capacity.

Just like the lift from HF, I also recommend the MoJack. But If someone was to ask if I thought the MoJack is overpriced, I wouldn't even have to think about it. Yes is my answer, especially with the high delivery fees these days.

Brucebotti

Threads
Ok folks, I figured it'd be only right for me to come back and post...

I'm taking the Harbor Freight mower lift back. I think it's well worth the price, FOR THE RATED 300 LB. LIFT CAPACITY. I would for sure buy this lift over any other lift out there with same lift capacity rating. It lifted my 1988 John Deere 160 riding mower all the way up like it was nothing to it. But when it can to my Super Z, that was a different story. It would not lift it all the way up and felt like the bottle jack was straining or something. It never leaked down but I just didn't trust being underneath the lift, exceeding the lift capacity.
I have always tried to be as safe as possible. On the job or off the job. When I'm in a vehicle I wear my seatbelt religiously. So why take a chance being under a mower? There is no difference in my opinion.

After shopping around, I ended up ordering the MoJack Pro online from Home Depot, at a significantly discounted price. Got it today and assembled it. It is way better built than the HF model, but you pay for it too. I could have went with the MoJack XT model and would have been fine, but decided on the Pro because it wasn't that much more money and you get 250 lbs. more lift capacity.

Just like the lift from HF, I also recommend the MoJack. But If someone was to ask if I thought the MoJack is overpriced, I wouldn't even have to think about it. Yes is my answer, especially with the high delivery fees these days.

Travis,
Thanks for the excellent, unbiased review. I went with the Harbor Freight unit since my Toro MX5060 is lighter than your mower. I can lift the front end up a few inches, so I figured the HF unit would be fine. I would never use it and exceed the 300# limit. I think you made a wise choice going with the unit you ended up with.
Bruce