My New Mower!

cutty1998

Threads
I was just combing ebay ,and could not tell if there was a real "F" series ,or if it was something else.I am checking ad now! Thanks.

turfboy1997

Threads
I was just combing ebay ,and could not tell if there was a real "F" series ,or if it was something else.I am checking ad now! Thanks.

type in Lawn Boy 7268 and you will see a real f!

cutty1998

Threads
OK ,I found it. Nice . Would need to sand down the handle and paint green over anti rust primer? I'll consider it for sure. I also know a friend in NY who is looking for a Vintage Lawn boy right now ,I sent him the link as well.

turfboy1997

Threads
OK ,I found it. Nice . Would need to sand down the handle and paint green over anti rust primer? I'll consider it for sure. I also know a friend in NY who is looking for a Vintage Lawn boy right now ,I sent him the link as well.

i know its expensive, but the bag kits alone are selling for $60-$80, and you can do whatever you want to the handle but it is completely cleaned and de rusted and was chrome originally, so i left it that way! It dose not get more vintage than this baby! its 33 years old, and starts on the first or second pull everytime!

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Is someone saying that you can still buy a two-stroke Lawn Boy walk-behind mower? I've been told (and did a minor amount of research to back it up) that the 2-strokes were history and the 4-strokes that "replaced" them (same color but nothing else as good) weren't worth having. I loved my two-strokes -- all three of them over a 10 year span -- because they would mow upside down if you could figure a way to get fuel into the carb. The engines wore out quickly in my use but the mowers were still worth the money and then some.

If I can get new ones, I want them!

It's true that you can't buy new two-strokes but you can have a lot of fun finding used ones and fixing them up. :thumbsup:

I don't get the "engines wore out quickly" comment... my experience has been that they last a long time if you take care of them. I've got a few with pretty high hours that still run fine.

If you want one on mint condition, you can just pay for a restored Lawn-Boy. There are a couple of the members here that do restoration.

cutty1998

Threads
If Christmas wasnt coming up in our face ,and having 3 Kids! I would buy it today. After I recover from the Holidays I will start to hunt down my" F "mower. If you still have one (I doubt it ,but ,I will take it) My Friend will probably buy yours now. He has no kids, and is a collector of all things vintage ,and I got him hooked on getting an old 2 Stroke Lawn Boy. His Husky,with a Honda engine just broke down ,and he is fed up . He will have the winter to restore it,as I think the grass is Dormant on Long Island at this point. Thank you for the link.

robinb66

Threads
i have an f series next to the d the best model ever made, and they don't wear out very fast on me eithe:thumbsup::laughing::biggrin::tongue::wink::smile::rolleyes:r