Murry 17.5 B&S Twin leaking from the bottom pan gasket

troy-built

Threads
  • / Murry 17.5 B&S Twin leaking from the bottom pan gasket
OIl is cheap. Wally's mart has a gallon of 30w for like $9.75. Is it pouring out or just making a small mess?
Hey nice fix. Glad to hear she is back up slinging grass.

slomo

Yea oil is cheap but a gallon wouldn't have lasted long as bad as it was leaking. But it would have killed the grass so I wouldn't have had to cut it as much and as often. LOL

Oh yea it was very bad you could see where the gasket had blown out once I got it apart. Plus it only cost $25.00 to fix it. That was two gaskets and a seal.

I'm not using it to cut grass anymore as I have a zero turn now for that. I'm just going to use this one to aerate my lawn, pull trailers and such things as that. This one takes to long to cut grass. 5 hours longer. LOL

Last edited:

Doc8404

Threads
Similar situation on my twin Briggs 26 horse. Must be of different design as it is widely known to leak.
Bought a gasket and cam and will get to it eventually. For now, I slowed it down by 95% by pulling one bolt at a time and coated with black RTV. Then torqued. Next bolt and next until completed.

troy-built

Threads
Similar situation on my twin Briggs 26 horse. Must be of different design as it is widely known to leak.
Bought a gasket and cam and will get to it eventually. For now, I slowed it down by 95% by pulling one bolt at a time and coated with black RTV. Then torqued. Next bolt and next until completed.

Man don't waste time doing that. Just pull the motor flip it upside down and take it apart it's very easy.