mulch quotes

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
@ wjjones how much they charge per scoop of brown at your local nursery? At the one up the road from me they only charge 11 and their scoop is actually more Luke a yard and a 1/4

lawnguy1,
WOW, $11 a scoop....where are you located??? I'm in TN, like wjjones and the hardwood mulch here runs anywhere from $25 to $45 a scoop at nurseries(the brown being the cheapest and going up to the black/midnight mulch colored with charcoal). Also, the red mulch is very popular around here and runs $40/scoop. So, when you opened this thread with $35/yard....that was "labor only".....right??? Depending on where you are at, I'd almost hitch up the utility trailer and drive there for $11/yard hardwood mulch:0)

lawnguy1

Threads
Hendersonville garden center in hville tn. All the other nurserys in this town range from 18 to 30 per scoop. Idk how hes able to go at that rate but I hope he doesn't raise it! And yeah its labor only

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
lawnguy1,
WOW, $11 a scoop....where are you located??? I'm in TN, like wjjones and the hardwood mulch here runs anywhere from $25 to $45 a scoop at nurseries(the brown being the cheapest and going up to the black/midnight mulch colored with charcoal). Also, the red mulch is very popular around here and runs $40/scoop. So, when you opened this thread with $35/yard....that was "labor only".....right??? Depending on where you are at, I'd almost hitch up the utility trailer and drive there for $11/yard hardwood mulch:0)

Wow, Red for $40 a yard. I thought we were high, Red is $18 a yard along with the Golden and Pine Bark. Our most expensive is the Cypress and they don't sell it by the yard, only the bag.

Threads
Wow, Red for $40 a yard. I thought we were high, Red is $18 a yard along with the Golden and Pine Bark. Our most expensive is the Cypress and they don't sell it by the yard, only the bag.

I havent priced red here lately but our black, and brown is $16 per yard.

lawnguy1

Threads
There's a guy in the next town over I was talking to said he brings in around 800 week off mulch alone

A

AmericanTurf

I'm at $40hr per man hour plus material cost...and I don't use that anti-weed roll of fabric crap either. Haha. It's useless.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
In out area most people are using straw instead of mulch and we install it for roughly $3 a bale plus what ever the bales cost. If we are able to bale our own we get $5 per bale. If we buy it from the local hardware we pay $3.90. My bale is a little bigger bale and is a good bit better quality. Normally the ones we bale ourselves speads easier and fluffs better as well.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
In out area most people are using straw instead of mulch and we install it for roughly $3 a bale plus what ever the bales cost. If we are able to bale our own we get $5 per bale. If we buy it from the local hardware we pay $3.90. My bale is a little bigger bale and is a good bit better quality. Normally the ones we bale ourselves speads easier and fluffs better as well.

jekjr,
Seriously....straw for landscaping mulch???? For some reason, I can't picture some of the doctor's and lawyer's $750K-$2million homes in the Bell Meade section of Nashville, TN with "straw" around the front of those houses:0(