MTD Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

gts1250

Threads
You could create a thread in the Small Engine & Mower Repair Forum stating the problem. You will know when you get responses because it will show an unread subscribed thread in the Control Panel above, and you should also get an alert to your email. But the best way would probably to just check up on the thread once and awhile.

thankz again,, just copied and pasted in new thread. this is fun

DamShavers

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi my name is Dave and I am checking in as a new member. I have an MTD Yard-Man although I'm not sure what the serial number is. I have a part that broke on my mower that I am looking for, however, I will create another thread so I don't junk this one up. Thanks!

-Dave

nascar_red

Forum Newbie
Threads
Richard in Texas - Mower 2000 YardMan 46 in. deck 20 horse Kohler Command. 23x9.50x 12 rear tires. Hydrostatic. Has been a great mower - best 100 dollars I ever spent. I have owned it since it was almost new, only had about 4 or 5 hrs. on it.

Oaktree

Forum Newbie
Threads
Greetings from northern N.H. Got 2 mowers, a White FST-16 I picked up used a couple months ago, and a "Frankenstein" push mower...housing from a mower I found on the side of the road with a "free" sign on it, motor died a couple years ago, replaced with one from a mower I scavenged from the dump.

Love the 4 wheel steering on the White, though it did take a little getting used to. I do have a brake issue with it, I'll ask that in a separate post.

Threads
Greetings from northern N.H. Got 2 mowers, a White FST-16 I picked up used a couple months ago, and a "Frankenstein" push mower...housing from a mower I found on the side of the road with a "free" sign on it, motor died a couple years ago, replaced with one from a mower I scavenged from the dump.

Love the 4 wheel steering on the White, though it did take a little getting used to. I do have a brake issue with it, I'll ask that in a separate post.

Cool! Welcome to LW! :smile:

cmv74

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi there.

My name is Chris and I have an older MTD Yardman with a B&S motor. Not sure any details yet, got it for free and it smokes. I plan on taking it apart this afternoon to look at the piston and valves. I'll start a new thread with the pics and hopefully get some help. I consider myself to be very mechanically inclined, but this will be my first attempt at repairing a lawn mower engine. Looking forward to being part of the community.

Last edited:

pfrancz

Forum Newbie
Threads
GREETINGS to all MTD mower owners! :thumbsup:

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name :laughing:). maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other MTD owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it. :biggrin:

We want to make this the best resource for MTD mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool MTD stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

Writing in:

Hello to all members and Thank You for this forum, and your help, we appreciate it.
We are near the great lakes in the fingerlakes region of NY and have a 1985 MTD-DYNAMARK-NOMA OVHXL 12 hp lawn mower.

We have used it for many years with only some minor repairs.
The deck supports failed front cable and rear bracket and been reattached.
The valves were set to .004-006 (?) manual says .004" to give compression relief and not burn the valves.
The motor is running and the trans and drivetrain is working.
There is a slight oil drip leak at the engine front valve gallery.
We are happy with this unit and we are glad it is stil working for us.

We purchased it at central tractor in 1985.:smile::smile:

Mftl

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi
My Name is Matt and I Have a MTD Classic (It痴 the MTD 50 year anniversary one) I use the mower in my lawn business (Matts Lawns)
Thanks Matt

Attachments

• DSC_0438.jpg
    DSC_0438.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 12

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hi My Name is Matt and I Have a MTD Classic (It痴 the MTD 50 year anniversary one) I use the mower in my lawn business (Matts Lawns) Thanks Matt

Nice mower.

Mowerman91

Threads
My name is corey and I just got my first mower, its a 1991 MTD 12/38 42"deck 7speed. She is a restoration project at the moment and is nameless :(. once I start the resto I imagine I will come up with a name for her.